Richard Barrett

C1910 American Bowie by LF&C stag horn.

Anyone know anything about this knife. Is it rare and the maker good, would it be worth $600 in fair condition? Just I've seen one for sale in the UK, just wondering in truth?

Rich.

Richard, it would really help if you could post a picture or a link to the site.

Doug

Doug. 

Its not in that good a nick really. Just thought someone collecting the American knives might like to see it anyway?

734898_-_photo_1_1418219393_img.jpg

Generally speaking, 20th century bowies are not worth much at all.  I am no expert, but I'd estimate that one in the $50-$100 range.  Maybe $200 if someone is collecting that maker.

I don't know if you can look up Scholagladitoria on YouTube, you should be, it's in London.  You might be able to connect with Mark Easton who runs the site.  He's a collector and antique bladed weapons dealer who does collect some bowie knives.  Just remember that even if someone wants a given price for a object doesn't mean that it's worth it.

Doug

At least I got the first letter right:rolleyes:.  Thanks for the correction, Jerrod.

Doug

• Like 1

I subscribe to his YouTube channel, so I had to make it right!  ;)  

Also, it should be noted that he absolutely loves Bowie knives.  

On 3/12/2019 at 6:56 PM, Jerrod Miller said:

I subscribe to his YouTube channel, so I had to make it right!  ;)  

Also, it should be noted that he absolutely loves Bowie knives.  

Family motto: He with the most toys wins....

Mr Easton comes close to winning, great channel

If you ever see a video that his wife appears in, notice how she looks at him while he is geeking out over swords.  Having a wife that looks at you like that (best description is "loving adoration") in that situation is the true definition of winning.  I'm lucky in that my wife is also encouraging of sword collection and practice, too.  

The only thing is I think he's said in his videos that she's relieved him of a couple of his swords she's taken a fancy to.

Doug