logo for items made

I finally cam up with a logo and I guess you can say a name for my little forge.  LOL  I am posting this to see if anyone else has already used the logo and or name.

I am known around town here as the old goat so I kind of thought it might be appropriate.

Thoughts please

GOATHEAD..jpg

I like it, but a quick Google search shows an Old Goat Forge in Iowa and possibly the same one, maybe a different one, on Etsy. :(  Maybe The Old Goat of Munford?

Thanks Alan

I didn't find any mention of it using my browser.  Went to Google and emailed the city manager to see if there is actually a business there with that name.

Thanks again Alan

Robertmunrd

aka Bob

9 minutes ago, Ron Benson said:

How about Old Goat BladeSmith?

I need short words because I plan on having this laser etched on my products.  I might just go with old goat blades or old goat smith.  You got me thinking Ron  thanks

robertmunford

aka Bob

You could also be officially named something longer and just etch the initials (OGFM = Old Goat Forge of Munford) with the goat image.  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:47 PM, RobertMunford said:

I finally cam up with a logo and I guess you can say a name for my little forge.  LOL  I am posting this to see if anyone else has already used the logo and or name.

I am known around town here as the old goat so I kind of thought it might be appropriate.

Thoughts please

GOATHEAD..jpg

Alan 

called the city of Washington IA and the chamber has no record of any business of the name there.  So going to take a chance and use as is.  Worst that can happen is I get a phone call saying hey stupid I already own he name.  I will say sorry and change my name then.

robertmunford

aka Bob

On 3/22/2019 at 3:54 PM, Alan Longmire said:

I like it, but a quick Google search shows an Old Goat Forge in Iowa and possibly the same one, maybe a different one, on Etsy. :(  Maybe The Old Goat of Munford?

On the other hand, looks dead.  No web site, no social media, no way to contact said "Old Goat Forge" and as Ron just said, the etsy site is 9 years old and has nothing listed and has never sold anything.  Lots of folks start something and don't move forward with it.  My first choice for a web site had already been taken, so I pick something else.  Few years later, the web domain had never had a web page and had expired.

If it was me, I would go ahead.