No.  It is abrasion-resistant, but not otherwise hardenable.  It is a high-manganese low carbon steel.  

It depends on the actual material composition, but generally speaking no.  AR400 is a material hardness spec, not alloy composition.  All it has to do is get up to 400 HBW (or BHN, same thing different terminology), which is about 43 HRC.  We make an AR400 material, which is in fact the same material as our AR500 material.  We harden it to 600 HBW (57 HRC) and temper it back to meet the customer's needs.  That is a fully martensitic tool steel, and would not be good for knives, but probably great for axes.  But you never know what the next person uses to make their AR400.  

Ok is there any website's or company that yall could recommend that wont cost an arm and a leg to get metal from? 

Where are you based Mike?

Find a local automotive spring maker.  Ask them if you can buy some of their off-cuttings from making leaf springs.  Should be 5160 (they can confirm), and will usually cost about $1/pound.  Though if you bring donuts or beer, they may let you just take some.  :ph34r:

i literally got kicked out from a knife makers forum on Facebook for answering this question i may have been a bit more expressive on how i felt about 43rc for knives tho i was cable tv safe it wasn't enough :rolleyes: