stryder

How do i get a fiery beard?

How do I get a fiery beard??

G George

IMG_0093 (2).JPG

Posted (edited)

Options:

1. Matches or a cigarette lighter. Apply flame directly to facial hair.

2. Lean over a little too far when forging. Drag facial hair across hot steel or in the burning coal/charcoal/propane.

3. Smoke in bed. Allow burning ember to drop onto face/bed sheets/etc.

4. The only other way involves a lot of effort to understand, appreciate, and replicate the weaponry and pattern welding of the Viking age smiths combined with refining your sense of humor to the point where if someone said "If it's not Scottish, it's Crap!" you would know what they meant, or you spontaneously walked around singing "Eric the half a bee" for no apparent reason. The last part is akin to the ABS JS or MS test where you present a number of your works and sooner or later some dusty old fart (who already has a Fiery Beard) sees it, thinks it is worthy , and nominates you for the dubious honor of having your visage photo-shopped with flames on this small island of knowledge in an otherwise vast ocean of nonsense called the Internet.

Luckily enough, it only takes two dusty old fiery-bearded farts to agree on your merits, whereas it takes a majority of seven to pass the ABS tests.

If any of what I said is incorrect, please have one of the Mods make me stand upside-down with my head in a bucket of piranha fish.

BTW- That's a really nice beard.

Edited by Joshua States
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Man, I wish I could give you a cup, laughing emoji and a heart for that one Joshua. Mr George, that is one fine beard.

Edited by Charles du Preez
  • Thanks 1

I think if you have got one, you have got one. Having it coloured in with pixels does not give you one, its already there. I think....

• Like 1

Personally, even though I'm far from deserving either one, I'd take a Fiery Beard over a MS stamp.

Doug

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Doug Lester said:

Personally, even though I'm far from deserving either one, I'd take a Fiery Beard over a MS stamp.

Same!

Ive read the whole Fiery beard thread, quite funny :lol:   But is the Fiery beard just a thing on this forum? Or is it a thing amongst bladesmiths in real life?

This forum alone in the world.  Far as I know, that is.  It was invented here, so there. B)

3 hours ago, Doug Lester said:

Doug

I think The FB is certainly more difficult to attain. Just sayin'

Thank you knights that say NEE, your wit is refreshing and your comments not lost on myself.

Thanks to all.

G George

1 hour ago, stryder said:

Thank you knights that say NEE, your wit is refreshing and your comments not lost on myself.

Thanks to all.

G George

Now you're on the right path.  Chopping down the mightiest  tree in the forest with a multi-bar seax you forged that has a herring-bone core would be a good first step...

the first step usually involves heat and flammability....once your beard is on fire you'll know it then everything will become self explanatory