Sign in to follow this  
Garry Keown

Off to Texas

These two just need sharpened and they will head of to their new home in Texas. A repeat customer wanted another Buffalo Skinner to match the first one I sent with the buffalo horn 3 pin bolster and exhibition grade walnut on a 1075 blade and a Pocket Ranger with Zebrawood on 1095

nXUlmyRl.jpg

eyNbDvXl.jpg

• Like 2

Nice for you! 

4 minutes ago, Joshua States said:

Nice for you! 

Was all ready to  packag them for the courier this morning and the guy emailed to say he wants a mini skinner to go with them. Apparently one of his employees has been diognosed with cancer so there is a charity auction to raise funds for his medical costs so I will send the little skinner for the auction and a paring knife for the wife to lift her spirits

• Like 1

You rock dude!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Joshua States said:

You rock dude!

Seconded!

• Thanks 1

Thirded lol!

The handle on that sway back just looks so flippin comfy to hold. Some very clean work here. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zeb Camper said:

Thirded lol!

The handle on that sway back just looks so flippin comfy to hold. Some very clean work here. 

Thanks Zeb. The flared butt does add to the hand conforming feel. I have always felt that the handle shape is as important as the blade shape 

This is a statement from my website

I started using knives seriously in mid 1967 when I was working on a high country station (large farm) here in New Zealand and found the generally available farm knife ill suited to the killing and butchering of farm animals I was using them for and that began my interest in proper design for this and of course the associated hunting needs.

There is a very important correlation between good knife design and comfortable and safe use and after many trial knives over the years I believe these designs will make using  them comfortable in hand which in turn allows for safe, accurate knife work.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Finished the mini skinner for the auction and a paring knife for the young wife so all four will head off this week. 1084 buffalo horn and walnut and 12C27 with paper micarta

fchgDBMl.jpg

Edited by Garry Keown

Great stuff Garry 

• Thanks 1