Anvils from blacksmithparadise.com

I bought these anvils from Emerald Koch of Blacksmithparadise.com . The big german double horn is mine and the german hornless church window is a gift for a friend of mine that has done a lot for me. They are coming from Austria to be shipped to Chicago Illinois.

426 lbsimage (21).jpg

280 lbs

image (12).jpg

I will try to get more pictures but it's kinda a pain to get the pictures to download properly.

Edited by Jeremy Blohm
  • Like 1

You sir have acquired one of my dream items with that double horn. You have excellent taste. 

A gentleman not to far from me has a 350# soderfors which I drool over as well. But I'm still happy with my kohlswa for now.

Congratulations. It's a beautiful chunk of steel.

• Thanks 1

I cant wait to put my hands on this thing. I just wanna tap it with a hammer and listen to it sing!!:rolleyes:

• Like 2

I decided if im going to pay $500 flat rate shipping for 1000 lbs I'm going to make it worth it. ;) so I bought these also.image (6).jpgimage (8).jpgimage (4).jpg

Note: I changed the title of the thread so it's easy for people to find when looking for info on buying from Emerald.

Edited by Jeremy Blohm
  • 2 months later...

I got the call yesterday that my anvils have arrived in Chicago. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday I will go pick them up!!!B)

Also there is no customs duties to pay on antique anvils so the only additional cost was the customs broker and that totaled $241 USD.

Alright Jeremy...

Between that power hammer, the double horn, and the swage block....

I mean, I can only handle so much jealousy here man!!! :P

You have an excellent taste for excellent things. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. I've made a lot of sacrifices to get these things. Like not fixing the rear main seal on my truck so me and the wife only have one vehicle at the moment but I stay home and tinker around anyway so I really don't need my truck up and running. Plus I save on insurance so that helps the pocket book. B) and the fact it only gets 8 mpg so not driving it saves me big time. ;)

I just made it home after a very long day of driving with my anvils!!! This double horn is a brute. It's still wrapped in plastic but I can see both tips poking out.  Tomorrow I will unwrap them and get a better look and post a few pictures!

• 5 months later...
Posted (edited)

I sold my 426 lb anvil and I am going to buy another anvil from blacksmithparadise. I thought 426 lbs was going to satisfy me but I was wrong. It left me wanting heavier. This is the anvil im buying now. Its marked 250 kg which is 550 lbs but it actually weighs 628 lbs. 

image (39).jpg

Screenshot_20200409-114431_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Jeremy Blohm
42 minutes ago, Jeremy Blohm said:

I thought 426 lbs was going to satisfy me but I was wrong.

Really?  You must be forging more than hammers and axes to need more weight than that.....

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, billyO said:

Really?  You must be forging more than hammers and axes to need more weight than that.....

The weight for forging was fine.  The real issue is that all of the other massive pieces of iron and steel Jeremy has drug home over the last couple of years have created such a large magnetic anomaly it was causing the "little" anvil to slide across the shop in the middle of the night. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3