Geoff Keyes

Just some tools I bought

First is my hoar.....I mean COLLECTION of multitools.  I got 2 new ones yesterday.  All but one of these have at least some of the bits with them.  One is empty :(.

The other is a hammer head I found in my basement.  It's pretty small, but heavy.  It says "C R Farley" on it.  I have not been able to find that maker on the net, which is odd, since if it's marked, there usually is some record of the maker.  It's got some nice detail on it, all it needs is a handle to become part of my vintage bench tool kit.

DSC08584 (Medium).JPG

DSC08586 (Medium).JPG

Geoff

The hammer head looks to be well made...................B)

I know.  The octagonal shanks and the little relief cuts are quite elegant

g

• Like 1

I'm certainly no expert but I would guess them to be cobbler's  tools.

I look at that hammer head and I can see a bearded ax just waiting to be made

The handled tools seem to have many uses.  I think, in the day, you could order what you wanted for the tools themselves.

This one is different because the hammer head is the nut that holds the rest of the tools

IMG_1654 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1655 (Medium).JPG

This one has a huge (for the tool) nail puller and a couple of strange two flute tools.  This one may be a marriage of several sets. 

IMG_1656 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1657 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1658 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1662 (Medium).JPG

This one is very cool

IMG_1660 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1661 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1659 (Medium).JPG

I'm always on the lookout for these, so if you find one for say less than $25 (and $25 is all of the money), I would take it off your hands.  Lets talk.

Geoff

I don't have any of those, but I have always liked them.  I've seen 'em come up at the local flea market from time to time, I'll keep an eye out for you.  

Oh, and (as you know) it would be sacrilege to turn that ball peen into anything else.  I have rarely seen one so well made.  Possibly English.

I will have a look at at that later, but thank you.  It does look like a hand stamp, it was double struck.

I agree, I have lots of ball pien hammers to make into things, but this one is just so cool.  I'm going to make a handle for it (osage?) and put it on my bench with the rest of the vintage stuff.  I have a nice collection of pliers and nippers and things, all from the 30's and 40's with textured handles.

I do love old iron, A thing like that hammer is kind of like shaking hands across the years, if you know what I mean.

g