Sign in to follow this  
Joshua States

Tim Hancock

This has been a difficult week for me. Tim passed away last Thursday (?) I really cannot remember. Tim was an exceptional craftsman and mentor. He was also a very close friend. It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I share with you the passing of one of the most wonderful persons I have ever known. He was my mentor, my inspiration, and my friend. He gave selflessly of his time and knowledge to a wide variety of students and it made me immensely proud to have him call me one of his apprentices. His spirit lives on in those of us who knew him, shared life and stories with him, and marvelled at his achievements. We will miss him dearly and never forget the gifts he gave us. We can never thank Tim Hancock enough.

• Sad 5

Sorry to hear this news; my sincere condolences.

Josh, I didn't have the fortune to know Tim, but obviously he had a significant and positive impact.  I feel for your loss, and would encourage you to hold your head up high and carry on using and disseminating the knowledge he shared.  Do so with all the traits you admired of his, and he will be with you forever.

The measure of a life well lived is how long people tell good stories about you, so keep telling his stories.

I never met him, but I have several picture of his knives on my screensaver at work.  :(  Sorry to hear it.

I met him at shows several times.  He was a fine man and a fine maker.  It is a loss for all of us.

Geoff