Gary Mulkey

Mosaic Damascus Classes

I am considering doing a class(s) on making mosaic Damascus this winter if there is sufficient interest. These would be an intensive 2-3 day course available for two people at a time. [This will NOT be an intro course and only be available to experienced bladesmiths.]

Included:

1) first hand one-on-one instruction
2) all materials & supplies

During this course you would make your choice of one of three of my mosaic Damascus designs and complete a Bowie or dagger blade from it.

Techniques that you would be doing would include:

1) making a basic "W" pattern
2) turning that "W" into another a more intricate mosaic pattern
3) welding the tiles in a cannister (w/o powder) with either of two techniques of mine that yield some unique effects

These classes would be held at my home shop in Branson, MO and be available from January-March. They would run $650 per person and only be offered if two people are available for the same time period.

At this time I am only looking to see if there is a definite interest. If so, then I will progress with plans for such a class(s).

Thanks,

Gary

I'd be interested, and have a fairly flexible schedule in the winter.  As you get other interest, please reach out and I'll work with the other parties on dates.

1 hour ago, Brian Dougherty said:

I'd be interested, and have a fairly flexible schedule in the winter.  As you get other interest, please reach out and I'll work with the other parties on dates.

Will do.  I  have one pair already signed up that hasn't given me their choice of dates yet.  I'll contact you when the next person signs up. 

I'm asking a $100 deposit just to help  cover expenses.

Are you going to Central States again this year?

Sounds good Gary.

Unfortunately, I can't make it to Central States this year.  New job responsibilities are getting in the way of my fun time :(

If that was something I could afford, I'd be first in line.   It's a screaming deal Gary,  and anyone who has the chance should take it.

• Thanks 1

I would give my left you-know-what.....but wrong continent & all that :D

• Like 1