Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Bondurant

Whats the latest on Kydex, 2019

I got my first piece of Kydex in 1997, OKC. Was fascinated with the stuff for a long time then went back to leather. Now I need some  scabbards and holsters for a zero humidity environment which is literally hell on leather so looking again at Kydex. Having been out of the loop on it, whats the latest information, new brand names, and good sources? 

We had a guy, years ago that was selling an alternative to Kydex, very similar, was designed for the interior on aircraft. I cannot remember the name of it but it seems there would be more knock off or even improved versions by now. Thanks for any input into this,,,,, 

Nobody using Kydex anymore? I found some that seems plenty cheap enough but would rather hear from members where they are getting theirs? 

Well, this forum does tend more towards the historical, so I'm not too surprised.  Ask member James Helm, he's been doing a lot of interesting things with Kydex variants.  

Anyone that ever reads this,,,,,,,,, You can always depend on Alan Longmire to have some kind of legitimate answer. Thanks Alan,, I pretty much have it figured out now. Will eventually have something to show.