Sign in to follow this  
Wes Detrick

Wow, another Chef Knife from me

No, this isn't the new normal for me.  It just so happens that the last two knives happened to be chef knives.  Ah well.  I am sure it will be back to normal with the next few knives.

Anyhow, here is it is.  It is a Santoku, and I am a fan of the blade shape.  It was directly inspired by a knife made by a good friend, David, who has been my go to guy for chef knife advice.  

Blade is differentially heat treated 1075, with Tasmanian Blackwood for the handle, and G10 pins and liners.  Blade is 6.5 inches, and the handle is a hair over 4 inches for a total length of 10.5 inches.  I hope you guys like it. 

BladeReverse.jpg

Handle.jpg

HandleandBlade.jpg

knife.jpg

• Like 6

Beautiful and comfy looking knife Wes! You can keep making kitchen knives without shame :lol: In fact, I hope you do keep making them. 

On a side note, I just can't make 4" handles even though I know it'll be pinch gripped. Something in my brain prevents me from doing it. Glad you ain't got that disease :lol:

• Like 1

What's not to like? I think you have added another arrow in your quiver of capabilities. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 4:23 AM, Joël Mercier said:

Beautiful and comfy looking knife Wes! You can keep making kitchen knives without shame :lol: In fact, I hope you do keep making them. 

On a side note, I just can't make 4" handles even though I know it'll be pinch gripped. Something in my brain prevents me from doing it. Glad you ain't got that disease :lol:

Thanks Joël!  I will see what I can do :)

As far as the 4" handle goes, I typically do not like handles that short, and would never put one on most other knives.  But as you said, this knife was made to favor a pinch, so there you go

On 8/12/2019 at 5:22 AM, Joshua States said:

What's not to like? I think you have added another arrow in your quiver of capabilities. 

Thanks Joshua!

Really nice lines, especially the blade, it has a very eye catching shape. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 6:27 AM, Will W. said:

Really nice lines, especially the blade, it has a very eye catching shape. 

Thanks a lot Will!