Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Bondurant

MADE IT TO 52

Out of the dozen of us boys, our own little gang of little rascals that grew up barefoot hunting and fishing together, there are only a couple besides me left. We all raced motorcycles, had muscle cars, Lived life in the fast lane, a couple have evaporated, hope they are preachers or something, living the good life, somewhere. Most are in heaven or the other place. I lost my best friend Stackhouse a couple years ago,  he died three times in one night and lived severely handicapped another twenty years after bad people tried to end his life, a hit and run in  Little Rock, he was a witness the night Kevin Ives and Don Henry were murdered, I was away in the Army that night, so only heard stories of what happened when I was home on leave. Life is to short whether you live good or bad,,,, love your family and Jesus, America,,,,,,,,,,,,, your hunting and cow dogs,,,,  hammer hot steel when you can,,,, , the best life in this world is that of a simple man. 

I may be misunderstood, whatever, for anyone that ever served in the military, all we can do is live the best we can for those that are no longer with us. My friend and hero gave his life on the Red Baron training with Night Vision Goggles 1986, that helicopter crash would later save soldiers lives on every Blackhawk deployment since. Few have heard of him, rare is the day I do not remember him. Rest In Peace PFC Jeff Winget, I was never worthy to polish your boots, you are still my hero, the best man I ever knew in this life, a simple man from Oklahoma. When I have a bad day, I hammer on through it, Jeff taught me and bunch of us, keep moving forward no matter what is coming at you,,,,,,,,, GOD BLESS AMERICA!

6750276_117718290183.jpg6750276_122091610929.jpg6750276_122091562661.jpg

• Like 1

Ditto  !!!

Happy Birthday; watch out for arkancide:/

10 hours ago, SteveShimanek said:

Happy Birthday; watch out for arkancide:/

Yea, long story on the Arkancide stuff. The good news on that is murder does not have a statute of limitations. This maybe a little to political for here but its my life, I lived it, survived some nonsense on the the Saline Pulaski county line, some real walking tall type stuff. Without going into to much since this is a knife forum but remembering my grandfather WJ Wylie killed men in WW2 after joining the Navy at 17 in Little Rock, then reenlisting at 37 in 1941 to go. He taught me to stand up to tyrants,,,,,  I recently asked that the Clinton Library be moved to New York. 

Zeb and Cliff,,,,,,, I had some good times,,,, never thought to much about anything, and no regrets for joining the Army as a helicopter mechanic crew chief at 18. That said, Jeff Winget was everybody's best friend, a real modern day Will Rogers, never met a man he didn't like kind of guy. I have always had a heck of a case of survivors guilt and questioned why he is gone, why I am still here? None of us has a real way to think him. I try to live better, but get pretty taken aback when people disrespect the National Anthem and American Flag. Lately I have been attempting to stop cursing,,,,,, God Bless and take care, 

In the morning and at the setting of the sun we shall remember them.

Doug

It's much easier for me to say this than for you to internalize it, but I'll say it anyway.  In my opinion, it sounds like PFC Winget did his job well, and got called home early.  You (and I, for that matter) apparently still have work to do so we are left here a little while longer to figure it out.

I am the only man in my family that I know of that hasn't served in the military.  I am equal parts grateful and embarrassed by this.  Anyone willing to put themselves in harms way to ensure I can sit my lazy butt on the couch and watch football deserves my respect, as do all of the symbols they honor.  I think people have simply lost sight of the fact that the flag and national anthem are symbols of the American ideals, and not the government.  People can hate the government all they want.  Better yet, work to improve it as that is their right.  I feel it is a mistake to transfer that hate to the idea of America.

Sorry if I went to far with this, and I apologize for taking up the time of folks who live elsewhere in the world.  It is a topic that has weighed very heavy on my mind for some time now, and this felt like healing to me.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Bryan Bondurant
Music is better than my drama,,,,,,,

Posted (edited)

Just wanted to ad, I have had a great life, spent plenty of it on horseback, looking for another cowboy job now. It would have been better If I would have stayed out of honkytonks and stayed in church when I was younger. About the worst thing I have ever done was drink a couple extra shots of Jack and turn up Bocephus loud enough to get the cops at my house on a Saturday night, should have skipped that and got up and went to church. Everybody has to make their own life as they go, hope somebody gets something out of this if anyone reads it.  

Edited by Bryan Bondurant

At the end of a tuff day,,,,,, you better have a reason to get up early the next morning,,,,, get it right, stay right, live right,,,,,,,,,,, thats all I got to say about that,,, Bubba aka BB.