Since my right thumb tried to commit suicide with my table saw back in August plus my car needs fixing its time to start downsizing. This has been my main anvil for 25 years and it has served me well. My guess its right around 150 pounds. Its in excellent shape. I'm asking $500.00 firm. Buyer will need to pick it up, I can no longer move it. I'm in Gresham, Oregon.

IMG_6235.jpg

IMG_6239.jpg

IMG_6240.jpg

Edited by Raymond Richard

Looks to be in great shape, Raymond.  If I lived near enough to pick it up, I'd be there in a heartbeat.  By the way, I might add, I lost my ring finger, left hand to a 3/4" wide Dado blade back in 2013, so I can relate to your situation.  Split second accidents are always devastating when it comes to powered saws...........most any kind.

On 9/27/2019 at 1:13 PM, Blair Todd said:

I am interested in your anvil and sent a private message with my information 

Blair, I had heard that a knife maker in Gresham from time to time was doing the Gresham Saturday Market. I had gone yesterday and last Saturday with hopes of meeting  you. I live about a 1/2 mile from your friend Darrel who lives on 302'nd. I live on Jackson Road which is just across the road from Darrel's property. I'm sure we had crossed paths at the OKCA Show. I'll give you a call this afternoon. 

On 9/27/2019 at 1:13 PM, Blair Todd said:

I am interested in your anvil and sent a private message with my information 

Mr. Todd now has a new toy. Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your thumb.  If you have other tools you're trying to move, The Lady Wife has a new job that will take her into your part of the world, making PU easy.

I had a band saw that tried to remove my right index finger some years back.  I said some bad words, but still have the finger on my hand.

Geoff

6 hours ago, Geoff Keyes said:

Sorry to hear about your thumb.  If you have other tools you're trying to move, The Lady Wife has a new job that will take her into your part of the world, making PU easy.

I had a band saw that tried to remove my right index finger some years back.  I said some bad words, but still have the finger on my hand.

Geoff

Geoff, I'm not pulling out of knife making all together yet. I've still have the anvil I purchased to do demo's with so I can still do some tinkering. 

The bright side with the thumb is it was still attached. The cut I received was more like how you would fillet a fish. I did manage to sever the nerve so everything above the cut feels dead. The blade just nicked the bone while the cut went down to the knuckle. Have to yet injure myself with my portabandsaw but I do find the blade sometimes becomes invisible. I would imagine if I did cut myself it would be a more gentile cut. When the 40 year old 10" carbide tipped circular saw blade hit my right thumb it felt like it got hit with a sledge hammer. I think shit was the first word to leave my lips followed by "HOSPITAL"! Photo is of my thumb 3 weeks after the accident. I'm holding the piece of hickory I was cutting when I had the accident. 

IMG_6233.jpg

Thankfully I'm young so it healed nice but around 8 months age I to got my thumb on a table saw. Split it horizontal from tip past joint. All I could say was "Hey baby (wife) I think I f*%#ed up real bad". She almost passed out. I just went for the tp and scotch tape. Best believe I use a push stick for every cut now. 

• Like 1

May your healing be rapid and complete, Mr. Richard....I want to keep seeing your beautiful work!

I split the tip of right index finger down to the cuticle.  When I was in the ER, the staff kept coming into the room and looking at the Xray.  It turns out that most of the time, when you  hit the bone, you blow it to shards.  I cleanly split it in half.  No one had ever seen that before.  It's been nearly 20 years and it's still numb at the tip.

I'm glad you're not done, it gives me hope that I can keep on keeping on.

Geoff

There was a famous duck call maker in Arkansas, he cut the end of his thumb off with a bandsaw,,,,,,,, turns out he cut it perfect  to measure the inside diameter for world championship duck calls,,,,,,,,,, His name was Harry “Butch” Richenback,,,,,,,,,,,