Hi guys,

I recently re-built my workshop as it was really just consisting of two tables on top of eachother with a vice attached to the top one, and a belt grinder resting on the bottom one...

I decided that having worked under such conditions for the past few years, it was time to build something more.. "real"...

Workshop-1.jpg

Above is my wood-working area. This is where I do all the wood-work on my knife handles (and other stuff). I am quite happy with the setup, and the addition of a new milling machine (left) has made everything so much more enjoyable.

Workshop-3.jpg

Previously I've done all my leatherwork sitting in my sofa in front of the TV. I figured it was time for a change, so I created this setup in the same building as the wood-working area.
The leather is suspended in the ceiling above the station for easy access and saving space.

Workshop-4.jpg

And opposite the "leather station" is my engraving station. With the addition of a Lindsay Classic Airgraver - I needed to create something. So - this is my attempt at such a station.
My engraving need a bit more work though, but at least I have somewhere to practice now. :)

And last but not the least - a little preview of something I'm working on at the moment. A multibar san-mai skinner... Still need some more file work on the handle, and then there's the sheath of course... :)

Workshop-2.jpg

Alright, that's about it folks!

I'll drop a post once the skinner is ready.... :)

Sincerely, Alveprins.

• Like 1

Ok, I'll be the first to say it...

You suck!  (Translation: That is amazing, and I'll be envious when I go back to my shabby work area)

Edited by Brian Dougherty
  • Like 1

Very sweet work area! Jealous!

• Like 1

yeah...not gonna post any pictures of my shop after seeing this.....I'm way more cluttered and messy

• Like 1

How do you ever find anything if it's not laying on the table or floor? :blink: 

Nice shop by the way.

• Like 1

I say “good for you”! (I can say “wish I had something similar!)

I am sure it cost some money but for the very nice work you do, it’s called for. 

Congrats!!

Gary LT

• Like 1

I would be completely unable to get anything done in there, it's too clean!

Due to some unexpected tooling arrivals, my shop looks rather like two cluttered shops crashed into one another at high speed, sunk to the ocean floor, and the sediments are still falling... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Alan Longmire said:

Due to some unexpected tooling arrivals, my shop looks rather like two cluttered shops crashed into one another at high speed, sunk to the ocean floor, and the sediments are still falling... 

And here I thought I was the only one with a train wreck of a shop :P

Really nice looking shop. I hope to have one that nice someday. 

• Like 1

oh no, this looks really nice...
I agree with the guys, too clean, cant handle it.
I'd have oil stains, burn marks, wood shavings and metal dust all over the floor, tables, walls and ceiling within 2 weeks.

Id recommend you try to find some of "these," to add to your shop:
quick release woodworking vice (first real tool and smartest thing I ever bought)
whetstones (300#, 1000#, 6000#, 8000# 10.000#, strop)
hand planes
2x bench hooks
Japanese pull saw/'s

Edited by J.Leon_Szesny
  • Like 1

What kind of stand is your engraving vise on?  Never seen one like that. 

Shop looks great!

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, HSJackson said:

What kind of stand is your engraving vise on?  Never seen one like that. 

Shop looks great!

thanks man!

the stand is a table stand used for boats. It can be regulated up and down.
I made the white top from a block of 2x4 and a circular cut-out of a wooden board.

I'd like something a bit more professional - but at this point I can't afford one of those fancy ones sold by GRS etc...