Sign in to follow this  
JPH

Nightmare Tanto

Hello: 

Just finished this one for book IV...what a nightmare this one was...the polish is deadly....cut myself a bunch of times but double edges can get yas..  Still it turned out OK I guess.. Not too bad for a broken down old man.. blade length 13 3/4"...1095 and L6 laminate... This one could really benefit from a pro grade polish.. A  bunch of stuff going on in there...

Hope the photos work

JPH

DSC05655A.jpg

DSC05667A.jpg

DSC05675A.jpg

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, JPH said:

Just finished this one for book IV..

What a tease!

Looks great Jim.

Very very nice 

Gorgeous work JPH.  I love that cracked finish on the saya

Another Very nice one...

Quite frankly that's a nightmare I could only dream about :D.  Incredible as always.

That's incredible.  If that's for book IV you've evidently found a new publisher.  As far as cutting yourself it can be a little difficult to remember that both edges are sharp.  I got myself good on a double edged curved dagger that managed to end up in the mistake drawer.

I can identify with being a broken down old man with my essential tremors and using a walking stick just for safety.  Still won't keep me from going dancing tomorrow.

Doug

Howdy!!

Thank you all kindly..  Yeah..getting old isn't for wimps or sissies..but it's not the years per se in my case...it's all my misspent youth getting shot,,stabbed, blown up, ran over and generally FUBAR'd.. All these injuries are now making themselves known..in spades!!  But that's OK..I am a human cockroach...I sometimes need my walking stick..especially when the weather gets bad..had to use my walker a couple of times..Thanks to Uncle Sugar they gave me this hot rod one.. padded seat..back rest..arm rests..4 wheel suspension...the whole Magilla.....

Regards publishers..thanks given to Alan L for fixing me up with a new one who has been very VERY good to me.. Now I am not saying that my old publisher wasn't... but when the owner died..Paladin Press went slowly out of the  business...I have to give them the credit they deserve simply due to the fact that without them giving this strange LEO/ Dog Faced MP a chance I wouldn't be enjoying the "status" that I have now....what ever that is...  Someone called me an "Icon" the other day...But I don't want to be hanging on some church wall!!  I'm not even Christian!!

Anyway this one cut me up one side and down the other..the worst part is it makes everything so sticky and all with the blood..hard to keep a decent polish going..  But it turned out ok..  So it's onto the next batch of high carbon swords for my e-vile minions that rep for me...

Here's a "mini bastardsword" I just finished for site stock...

JPH

DSC05635B.jpg

DSC05640A.jpg

Yeah, blood has a way of ruining the polish, plus it's hard to hold on to the sanding block.  Glad the publisher tip worked out for you!  Plus I dig both those blades.

Both excellent JPH. Also looking forward to book 4. Might this contain the secret of fossilised Bos taurus ivory?

Looking good!

As Indiana Jones said, "It's not the years, it's the mileage".

On 11/10/2019 at 12:13 AM, JPH said:

Here's a "mini bastardsword" I just finished for site stock...

I know a few little bastards I'd like to use that on.