Brian Dougherty

A salute to you all in the southern hemisphere

A one-fingered salute mind you...

I put the snow tires on my car over the weekend.  This pic was just barely 24 hours later.  I've been too busy lately to pay attention to the rest of the world, and didn't know this storm was coming.  Good thing I didn't wait another day.  This car is fine in the snow with dedicated tires, but it's a hand-full with the summer tires.

It was 60F and sunny when I was working on the tires, and in the pic it was 15F and 3" of snow.  I know this is trivial in terms of winter weather, but I'm grumpy because I'm not acclimated yet.

IMG_20191111_182142343.jpg

That is a rapid change of season, be safe out there. 80 F and sunny/partly cloudy here in Am Sam.

Yep.  Monday afternoon it was 60 degrees F and sunny, Tuesday morning it was 28 with an inch of snow, this morning it was 13.  That's going from 15.5 C to -10.5 C in 36 hours for you metric folks.  The cat is NOT amused. :lol:

I feel your pain gentlemen. I dont have it quite as bad as you do, Joël, but theres probably 3 or 4 inches of snow on my lawn, and currently 12 degrees F out. At least we have snow for the rifle season opener this weekend :).

@Joel Mercier I've always wondered why anyone would live that far north. I can't imagine the cold you have every winter. I'm sure summers are nice but I could only take so much cold. Do you ever wish you could move south?

Edited by Randy Griffin

47 minutes ago, Randy Griffin said:

@Joel Mercier I've always wondered why anyone would live that far north. I can't i magine the cold you have every winter. I'm sure summers are nice but I could only take so much cold. Do you ever wish you could move south?

The extremes here are around 34°c(93°f) during summer and -35°c(-31°f) during winter. And yes, every darn winter I long for the south and/or summer.