Hi all. No new blades, but something that will help make them.

I picked it up for the unbelievable price of us$350!! First pic is where I saw it first, next pic is it in the shop, and my Mrs reaction. 

20191112_092757.jpg20191113_111517.jpg

Plans are to throw a new concrete slab for it, build a protective cage around all the moving stuff (I'm clumsy) and then convert from the electric motor it has to either a petrol or diesel power pack. 16hour daily power cuts are no joke. 

• Like 2

That thing is a beast!  Excellent score, sir!  That will change the way you think about forging.  

Yup, that's how I'd describe her "look".  Mine would just be screaming "Over my dead body!" :D:lol:

Good purchase, Ross.  Bet you'll have a lot of fun with that one!

Edited by Chris Christenberry

Nice score Ross!

Just let her know having this machine cuts down on forge time and increases time to spend with her to do other stuff.

On 11/18/2019 at 8:21 AM, Daniel W said:

Just let her know having this machine cuts down on forge time and increases time to spend with her to do other stuff.

Unfortunately, that's a bold faced lie. Having one of these increases the amount of time you spend playing with it.

I see her thinking " I need to find the receipt so I know how much to sell this for after I kill him " 

but thats a dang nice find, I would have bought it as well.... 

wow.  That must be a 100 LB plus-ish "hammer", "ram" ?

On 11/17/2019 at 2:40 PM, Alan Longmire said:

That thing is a beast!  Excellent score, sir!  That will change the way you think about forging.  

On 11/17/2019 at 4:35 PM, Ron Benson said:

Your wife looks a bit less than enthusiastic...

On 11/17/2019 at 6:00 PM, Chris Christenberry said:

Yup, that's how I'd describe her "look".  Mine would just be screaming "Over my dead body!" :D:lol:

Good purchase, Ross.  Bet you'll have a lot of fun with that one!

On 11/18/2019 at 12:11 PM, Gerhard Gerber said:

Nice score Ross!

On 11/18/2019 at 5:21 PM, Daniel W said:

On 11/20/2019 at 5:10 AM, Joshua States said:

Unfortunately, that's a bold faced lie. Having one of these increases the amount of time you spend playing with it.

On 11/20/2019 at 11:54 PM, Robert D. said:

I see her thinking " I need to find the receipt so I know how much to sell this for after I kill him " 

but thats a dang nice find, I would have bought it as well.... 

Haha, thanks very much guys! Actually, she was very much ok with me getting it, even supportive. She knows the direction I'm trying to go in and knows how much a hammer means to me. If she wasnt happy, I wouldn't have dared to take this pic!! 

On 11/21/2019 at 1:40 AM, Fox Creek said:

wow.  That must be a 100 LB plus-ish "hammer", "ram" ?

I dont know. If i had to guess i would say around the 40 kg to maybe 50kg mark. The anvil itself is insane. Its solid, must be close on 800kgs by itself