The Mortlake Giant WIP

On 3/19/2020 at 12:26 PM, Zeb Camper said:

What a beast!... And the seax also looks ferocious! 

I feel like this must've had a wooden core scabbard. 

I think so too, a wood core scabbard and sword like suspension, otherwise it would be impossible to carry.

And the cat is indeed a beast, he must be around 20 years old now and still managed to catch a rat half his size a few months ago.B)

22 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

Nice!  I find it reminiscent of Owen's Heptiseax from 2010, top right below:

I remember that one! weird to think it is already 10 years ago there were some amazing seaxes by some of the forum members here, big reason why I signed up for this forum.

Btw, that is an amazing display case, I wish I had a case full of Owen´and Jake´s swords.

It has been a long time since I´ve seen any  new work from Jake Powning, does anyone know if he has quit making swords?

5 hours ago, Pieter-Paul Derks said:

I wish I had a case full of Owen´and Jake´s swords.

That wide one to the left of Jake's is Peter Johnsson's. ;)  I'd love to own the contents of that case as well!

14 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

That wide one to the left of Jake's is Peter Johnsson's. ;)  I'd love to own the contents of that case as well!

This just gets better:blink:

Looks like the Jabberwocky sword, also a favourite piece of mine.

That was in the display room at Owen's hammer-in in 2014, so most of the pieces were still in the hands of the makers at that time.  Here's the full set of pics:

Not to hijack or anything, of course.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I shot a quick video with a gopro of this sword cutting water bottles (and a bit of the stand:rolleyes:).

I would really need some tatami or other heavier target to really see what this sword can do, because the waterbottles are cut without any effort.

At least you can see the scale of this beastie.

• Like 2