Happy Turkey Day, Maybe Not So Happy For The Turkey,,,,,,

Happy Turkey Day for all who read the forum,,,,,,,,, Unlike the White House, nobody around here gets a pardon when it comes to meat. Started the day with cranberry pancakes and fresh coffee. We got a good little dust up of snow, enough to cover the ground, so everything looked nice and clean till my pack of dogs made it into mud. Had some good thoughts about the time I was all alone at my old duck hunting club in Arkansas, the good people there never stopped knocking on the door dropping off food that day, country people are the best when it comes to good neighbors and good food. Even the game warden,,,,, Thomas dropped off a couple huge plates of food that day. 

Hope everyone is stuffed full of turkey, fat, healthy, and happy this day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• 3 weeks later...

My vegan neighbour has a pet turkey (she saved it from Christmas about 3 years ago) in her back yard! It's really annoying, all you have to do is make a little noise and off it goes Gobbling.   Imagine one gobble from the turkey with every smite of the hammer, it drives me insane, thank god for ear protection!!!! Anyone want an extra turkey  for Christmas, ???? 

Well, Martin, maybe you could look at it from the Turkey's angle.  You are probably driving it insane hammering on your anvil.  Shame on you for disturbing your neighbor's foul!  :lol::D:lol::D:lol::D  Danged disturber of the peace. ;)

Edited by Chris Christenberry

I sometimes wish it's the turkeys neck that's on the anvil, while I'm swinging a hand axe instead of the a hammer.

It is almost Christmas and don't your wishes come true at this time of year????? :rolleyes::angry: