Jeremy Blohm

Technology

So there seems to be an app for everything but its starting to get me in trouble!!! My wife downloaded the app to track our electricity usage. So now every time she gets home and I don't have her honey do list completed she now opens up the app and sees a peak in our power between 9 and noon and knows instantly I've been running the power hammer. Or when I order a dozen 2x72 belts and she gets a text message saying there has been a charge to our account.  I mean its gotta crash at some point right?

• Haha 1

George Orwell warned us................................................................:D

Just be grateful that she doesn't have a GPS tracker on your phone.   I Lojacked my kids phones when they got them.  I can tell exactly where they are at any given time.

• Like 1

LOL...buy a generator to run the power hammer...and pay cash for the belts....no traceability on electrical usage or charges....cash is king...LOL

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jeremy Blohm said:

I don't have her honey do list completed she now opens up the app and sees a peak in our power between 9 and noon and knows instantly I've been running the power hammer.

Of course, you could just do the honey-do list before you forge :-) 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Gerald Boggs said:

Of course, you could just do the honey-do list before you forge :-) 

Let's not be too hasty Gerald!  That is border-line blasphemy.  (My wife does not read this forum, I'm safe.)

• Haha 1

Funny, my little wife never complains about when I'm in the shop making...................well, making anything.  What she complains about is all the time I spend here at the computer talking with all you guys.  Of course, I spend a whole lot of time just "learnin' stuff" from all of you.  Still, she truly resents the time I spend here.  Guess everyone can't be happy all the time, huh!  ;)

• Like 1

You guys are lucky. My wife loves everything about this hobby.......except when i actually go outside to do it............

• Sad 1

My girlfriend isnt wild about some of the costs associated with this "hobby", and she was NOT happy when she had to help me unload my Griz 2x72 from the moving truck last week. 

But she loves using the two kitchen knives I made currently sitting on our counter that I am testing out. ( W2 so I am trying to find the best " clean it up after use " process ) and has demanded her own set. 

And she is letting me buy a mill this month. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Robert D. said:

she was NOT happy when she had to help me unload my Griz 2x72 from the moving truck last week. 

Having had to move my stuff twice in the past year, it's amazing how quickly you find out who your true friends really are :unsure:...

And even though my current liiving situation isn't as good as I thought it would be, having to move my stuff is a significant reason why I haven't started looking for my own place.:(

Funny how that works, billO.  "Fair weather" friends aren't really your friends.  I help anytime someone asks...........and usually offer when they don't.  Don't normally get that in return.  I just chalk it up to "life".  I just learned a long time ago............never keep a count of favors given or accepted.  A "Pay it forward" attitude always comes full-circle...............and though usually, not always from the person you paid it forward to.  Interesting how that works.

You're exactly right on every point you made, Chris. 

23 hours ago, Chris Christenberry said:

...never keep a count of favors given... 

I don't worry about this either, because the way I look at it, they are being counted (not sure if it's Anubis, though;)).  And if repayment doesn't happen in this lifetime, it will be in a next one.  Or perhaps I'm just repaying for favors done for me in the past. 

I think you and I would get along, swimmingly as they say, if we were to meet in person.

Prabobably, billyO.