DavidM

How are you spending your day off?

Getting a little relaxation before I have to start cooking and finishing up last minute presents. 

F538F430-E633-4E54-96B8-B9E25D876D1B.jpeg

I'm pretty much doing the same :)

20191224_092846.jpg

Surprisingly, I'm done with christmas gifts early this year, usually I'm still getting things squared away at 10 pm on christmas eve! :lol:

I'm still working on that knife you helped me forge, Dave.  Gave up on my 1x30 belt sander and have been draw-filing instead.  I've a sliver of steel buried in my thumb to prove it.  (thumb not being any too happy about it, either) :blink:  It's "bevel time" and I'm realizing I'm going to have to do it by hand.............and on my first knife blade no less! :wacko: Intimidated, to say the least.

Edited by Chris Christenberry

10 minutes ago, Chris Christenberry said:

I'm still working on that knife you helped me forge, Dave.  Gave up on my 1x30 belt sander and have been draw-filing instead.  I've a sliver of steel buried in my thumb to prove it.  (thumb not being any too happy about it, either) :blink:  It's "bevel time" and I'm realizing I'm going to have to do it by hand.............and on my first knife blade no less! :wacko: Intimidated, to say the least.

You can come use the NRT any time you like. Although, that thing is dead soft so draw filing is not gonna be bad

Thanks for the offer, David.  Gettin' to use your NRT would be like driving a Maserati compared to this draw filing.  But think I'll stick with the draw filing for now.  Really want to complete this knife with my skills and equipment.  I'm like that!  If I learn how to do all of this with minimal equipment, I'll better know how to and appreciate it when I eventually get my own 2x72.

Good on you both!

I'm slowly recovering from pneumonia. Two weeks down, unknown to go...

Im laying in bed recovering from my back surgery 4 days ago. Kinda an early Christmas present from the neuro team at Hackley hospital. Good thing I have a bunch of forged in fire recorded on the DVR. I might make it out to the shop later to do a little tidying up but........

Spending my time off as a couch potato, injuries and pain are keeping me from anything - oh well ^^ Pain clinic 2nd of January hopefully I can get my meds sorted then. Well that, but I still got time for my two feathered friends :D  they are brilliant at keeping my mood positive .

We're a pitiful bunch. I was off yesterday for cancer treatment, my first. Hasn't affected me yet so I cleaned an old file this morning and chopped some charcoal into small pieces. Going to fire the forge this afternoon.

Alan, Jeremy and Troels, hope you all get to feeling better.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.

Trying to find an exit to work on something! The family has had me cooped up for quite a while. Helping with a move and holidays and all. Even have plans for new year's. 

I'll be selling my shop early next year. Not sure what I'm doing on that front. I'll be back to square 1. Debt free from the land and enough to pay off my truck. Have to find another house/shop or just let it go. 

Merry Christmas to you Randy and the rest! And may you all get better soon! 

Edited by Zeb Camper
Raised in barn

Randy - thanks likewise.Indeed :P we are a pitiful bunch,  hopefully less so in the new year !

I didn't have the day off. I had to work a half-day and then I went out to the shop! Hooray!

Hey all you guys who are on the mend, here's wishing you all a speedy recovery. 

3 hours ago, Zeb Camper said:

I'll be selling my shop early next year.

Whaaaat? 

39 minutes ago, Joshua States said:

Whaaaat

Ditto.... :huh:

Well, Its a long story. I bought the property off my grandmother who was graciouse enough to sell it to me for the payoff about 4 years ago. I made $8 an hourstarting out at my welding job, so I knew I'd have to live at home while I paid for it. Well, my older sister decided she wanted to rent the place. I pay the lights and trash since I use the shop. Lots of stuff happened in that span. Long story short, she wants to live there, but has bad credit, and the trailer on the property... Someone decided the best way to "fix" a leaky roof was to caulk the interior where it was leaking :rolleyes:. So electrical is acting up me & my homie replaced all the recepticals except for the washer& dryer which are now acting up. The electric bills this winter have jumped to $190, so somethings up.  

So her and her wife to be are gonna buy the place and put a doublewide on it. 

I snuck out to the yard and made this earlier.

20191224_171700.jpg

If electrical appliances are "acting up", Zeb, I'd be worried about something shorting out.  Trailers burn to the ground almost faster than you can get out of them..........if you can get out of them! :huh:

Cool little pipe.........ya really needed corn cob, though. :lol:

Edited by Chris Christenberry
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Chris Christenberry said:

Yeah, shes moving into another house while she gets something put on the land. So shes not gonna be living there anymore. 

My buddy took up herb smoking (not the kind we used to smoke). He smokes like leaves of different types. Rasberry, mugwart, peppermint, and stuff. It'll calm ya a lil, and fill your lungs with carbon monoxide, tar,  and stuff, but that's about it. No nicotine. 

Christmas everybody!!! Have a good'n. 

Merry Christmas and best wishes to all.

Chicken is roasting, Brussel sprout gratin is in the oven. Jerk ham (for Boxing Day dinner) is marinading. Veggies being prepped. Family coming over later.

Speedy recovery to all who need it.

Hope you are all having a great day.

• Thanks 2

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all! 

I hope everybody is warm and full of good food today. 

And like Charles said, a quick recovery to everyone. 

• Thanks 1

14, 15 and 17 and still believe in Santa. :D 

20191225_075708.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.