Sign in to follow this  
Will Wilcox

Lovecraftian Horror, Anyone?

I just purchased a collection of H.P. Lovecraft's stories a few weeks ago. The book is apparently all of his stories which fall into the Cthulhu Mythos. 

This is my first experience actually reading his work, and frankly, I am absolutely entranced! His style of writing holds my attention, and the air of macabre creepiness his stories have to them still holds water today. 

I also like that his stories are short, it makes them easily accessible and doesnt require the dedication that a novel does, though a full novel in his settings would be interesting as well.

My favorites so far have been The Nameless City and The Hound, the latter of which is especially good, in my opinion. Really has a strong feeling of dread and unease to it, I would highly recommend them to anybody interested in his works.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the subject. Any other Lovecraft fans around here?

Edited by Will Wilcox

After those stories

Frank Belknap Long
Clark Ashton Smith

Arthur Machen

Geoff

I forgot, but you shouldn't 

The King in Yellow

G

i really liked the color out of space, walls of eryx, and dreamquest. 

you might like the nightland by piers anthony, there are audiobooks on youtube if you cant find the real thing, im missing one of a two book set...

Orson Scott Card had some good ones  I can't name.  He wrote many, more sci-fi though, but dark...