Sign in to follow this  
Joshua States

Wootz Hunter video

• Like 2

Good video, and I'm pretty sure he has one or two PHD's on his farm...

I have two PHD's myself, A manual one, and a three point PTO driven one, very handy tools................;)

Edited by Clifford Brewer
punkshwayshun
  • Haha 1

A little hype at the start, but a good video about a great guy.  I met Al at a hammer-in in 2006 or 2007, and he let me borrow his optical pyrometer to check the temperature of a bloom still in the furnace, didn't even tell me to be careful with it.  Just asked if I knew how to take a reading, then showed me ("point that spot where you want it, push that button. Sorry it's in Celsius, got a calculator?").  Not many people would do that for a guy they'd never met.  Unfailingly patient, polite, and just plain nice.  

Josh thank you for posting this video. I saw another video on-line honoring this man after his passing. I used to see him at the Blade and I made it a point to try and speak with him (as I did others, not as a buyer but a brain-picker and you know how far that’ll getcha at the Blade show!!). Leary at first but he opened up and explained a lot. With his encouragement, I bought the book, Steel Metalurgy for the non Metalurgist, (miles above and beyond my comprehension), yet he was kind enough to take time with me a rookie and answer all my questions. Later he shared his phone number as I thought I could make a trip down there to Florida. Sadly with work, it never happened. He was a kind and patient man who made you feel at ease. His work was well executed and beautiful as well.

Gary LT