Sign in to follow this  
Rob Toneguzzo

White Bellied Sea Eagle

Here are some pics I took of a White Bellied Sea Eagle. I absolutely love birds of prey and especially these birds. 

1A3A6711.jpg

1A3A6929.jpg

1A3A7049.jpg

• Like 4

Nice!  He looks a bit more laid back than our Bald Eagles and Ospreys.  

Nice pictures.  I love the dodging around the corners.  It seems strange to me that all the pictures of fish eating eagles I've see that the birds seem to have white heads,

Doug

5 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

Nice!  He looks a bit more laid back than our Bald Eagles and Ospreys.  

Thanks Alan, I would love the privilege to watch and photograph your bald eagles.I think what a lion is to the jungle they are to the sky. We have ospreys here too but not sure if they are the same. 

3 hours ago, Doug Lester said:

Nice pictures.  I love the dodging around the corners.  It seems strange to me that all the pictures of fish eating eagles I've see that the birds seem to have white heads,

Doug

Thanks Doug. we have another fish bird of prey called a Brahmin Kite and it has a white head too. I was playing around in Lightroom with black and white images. To me some images just look a bit better in black and white.

D3C4F782-789F-4FD1-9CF1-56663A4422B5.jpeg

Edited by Rob Toneguzzo
  • Like 3

On 2/12/2020 at 9:58 PM, Rob Toneguzzo said:

I would love the privilege to watch and photograph your bald eagles

https://livestream.com/accounts/16498826/events/4683941/player?width=640&height=360&enableInfoAndActivity=true&defaultDrawer=&autoPlay=true&mute=false

Here you go!  That link takes you to a live streaming feed at an eagle nest about five miles from my house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great photos,Rob,excellent photography,and such cool beasts...(that's a fantastic shot of that kite,every control-surface spread:)

Right on,Alan!What a cool idea!:)...

(i'm not a frequent visitor to this dept.,with my internet speed it's usually hopeless,but somehow both the Rob's photos and that Feed are humanely sized:)

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

https://livestream.com/accounts/16498826/events/4683941/player?width=640&height=360&enableInfoAndActivity=true&defaultDrawer=&autoPlay=true&mute=false

Here you go!  That link takes you to a live streaming feed at an eagle nest about five miles from my house.

Alan that just made my day. In all the crazy toilet paper hoarding and virus hysterics that just made me smile. I am going to Save the link and check that nest  whenever I feel down. He is sleeping now haha. Edit...he is now awake

18 hours ago, jake pogrebinsky said:

Great photos,Rob,excellent photography,and such cool beasts...(that's a fantastic shot of that kite,every control-surface spread:)

Right on,Alan!What a cool idea!:)...

(i'm not a frequent visitor to this dept.,with my internet speed it's usually hopeless,but somehow both the Rob's photos and that Feed are humanely sized:)

Thanks Jake  I will upload some more humanely  size files soon.  

Edited by Rob Toneguzzo

Sleeping again. Think I’ve found a new hobby.

2 hours ago, Charles dP said:

Sleeping again. Think I’ve found a new hobby.

I agree, it is actually very addictive...I am going to have to send the link to my work computer. He or she is awake now.

Normally I log in and it’s dark but just had a look. It is daytime and there is a chick rooting around in there.

Actually, looks like 2 (sheltering from the wind a bit). Yeah, 2 chicks now being fed some fish.

Edited by Charles dP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Charles dP said:

Normally I log in and it’s dark

That's because we (the eagles and I) are in U.S. Eastern time zone, or GMT - 5. ;)  Pity poor Rob, he's 12 hours off and has to look in the middle of the night.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

That's because we (the eagles and I) are in U.S. Eastern time zone, or GMT - 5. ;)  Pity poor Rob, he's 12 hours off and has to look in the middle of the night.

But look I do Alan. I have become an Addict. But seriously... what a fantastic idea.