Randy Griffin

Mel Pardue

An older gentleman came in the store today looking for a sheave for his air compressor. I found him something close we could order. Problem is his shaft is tapered so when he finds a machine shop to cut the taper he'll call me.

Someone said something about him showing me some pictures of his knives. He tried to pull some up on his phone but after a quite a few curse words he gave up and left. :lol: 

I told him I would look his website up later and I did. WOW. I'm looking forward to him coming back. I live less than an hour from Mel Pardue and never met him.

What a small world we live in. B) 

He's a great guy!  I've sat in on his lectures at Batson's bladesmithing symposiums up in Tannehill state park and stood around asking him way too many questions after his classes.  

Very generous with his time. 

I grew up in Thomasville, AL but live in Texas now.  I was talking to our local folder guru Johnny Stout in New Braunfels at one of his hammer ins, and it turns out he got his start learning from Mel Pardue.  Small world indeed!

I go to Thomasville often. I live just across the river in a little town called Scratch Ankle it you ever heard of it. :P 

I plan to spend a little time with Mel if he will have me. I'd like to see his shop.

I went to a 2 year college in Monroeville back in the early 80's and our physics professor was from Scratch Ankle.  Professor Oakley, but we called him Coach because he had coached football in his earlier days and that's what most of the other professors called him. The school was called Patrick Henry back then but it's part of Alabama Southern system now.