Sign in to follow this  
Zeb Camper

Where are you guys buying your paper?

Posted (edited)

Looking to buy some quality paper, and have had problems on several websites. I've spent the better part of an hour trying to order some 80, 180, 120, 220, and 320 grit rhynowet or equivalent. 

I hate to do it, but Amazon might get my business once again. 

Is there a store that sells this? I feel like I've seen it in store. 

Edited by Zeb Camper

Also, anyone used an airfile to sand a sword blade? 

Posted (edited)

Ive found Texas farrier supply has a good stock of rhynowet, Alecsteelco.com also has a bunch as well. 

Edited by Conner Michaux

+1 for Supergrit.  They had the best price for the 50-count sheets last time I checked.

Thanks ya'll! Got it ordered. I was having trouble on supergrit's website earlier, when I accidentally deleted part of my cart and couldn't get back to the paper again. I just got heated and quit :lol: thanks for the link! Made it a breeze! 

I found or rather @ChrisBriggs found a store local to us called Econaway. Might be worth looking onto.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I was looking into paper from various suppliers and was PRAYING for a local supply because I'm 'Merican and impatient! LOL!!! No real pressing matter other than the ADD (and probably a brain injury or two...I can't remember :lol: :lol::lol:) and it hit me that I NEEDED it. By pure coincidence one of the suppliers I found on the interwebs was located within minutes of home/work. So I blasted down...only to realize it was 'tha Lord's Day...So I went back...uh...later....and, ta-da! I was welcomed into an abrasive shop that was in the original building dating back to the mid 1880's or so. Again, memory...from the drain bamage, I mean brain damage...I was impressed to find a WAREHOUSE of enough abrasives to last ALL OF US FOREVER!!! Literally everything from tiny 1" x 30" to MASSIVE like 48" x 120' (YES FEET!) Ok, perhaps a bit of an exaggeration but they had ROLLS of stuff that can be made into any size belt you want. I got twenty three (I think) 2" x 72" belts for $103. Only caveat was telling the wife why this was such a savings....snicker...she BOUGHT IT!!! Oh my gosh! :o I tossed the receipt...just more evidence for her to find later..."I thought you were at WORK?" ...busted...meh, life goes on. Or it doesn't and this is the zombie apocalypse.  The Walking Dead wasn't entertainment...It was a training film. Dang...the ADHD got me again...well, back to the horde...OH YEAH THE PLACE IS CALLED ECONOWAY IN GRAND HAVEN MI. THE ENTIRE REASON FOR THIS POST...DEAR GOD...NO MORE REDBULL!!!!!!!

Edited by ChrisBriggs