owen bush

Misty Mountain Seax

“Far over the misty mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old, We must away, Ere break of day, To claim our long forgotten Gold

the latest Seax by Myself and Petr Florianek... My blade but Petr has surpassed himself with the blade carving , handle and sheath ...My fave to date. hope you like it.

49640688958_d399d99231_4k.jpg

49641487057_f657d24138_4k.jpg[

49641211456_b0b313036d_4k.jpg

49640689743_978d735e4b_4k.jpg

49641212566_fdfd8d61f0_4k.jpg

49641213231_332101b478_4k.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Saw this on Instagram this morning and absolutely love it! There is just so much cool stuff going on. Definitely worthy of fave status.

I follow all of your work on Instagram, this is definitely one of the coolest you guys have made. Great work :D

Dammit Owen, I keep trying to find excuses not to come over for your hammer-in, and you and Petr keep posting these masterworks that get my beard smoldering again...  Thank you for that, I have been in danger of losing sight of what brought us all together.  These last few collaborations you have posted remind me of why we started this whole divine craziness, and that I have withdrawn from it a bit over the last couple of years.  

That doesn't mean I'm going to turn up on your doorstep in May, but never say never!  :ph34r:

And I hope the first part of that verse is on the other side of the blade!

• Like 1

holy crap :o

The whole piece is stunning.

The engraving on the blade is so perfectly done...

Gorgeous as per usual! Perhaps even especially so. 

Posted (edited)

Great mother of monsters, that is out of the park spectacular. That watery steel, the chape, the butt cap, the whole freaking thing is just a total dish of eye candy.

I wish I could like it more than once.

4 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

I hope the first part of that verse is on the other side of the blade!

Yeah, it's not fair only showing us one side of everything!

Well, as they say in show biz, leave them wanting more!

Edited by Joshua States

That is so awesome! I just love to see the progression in modern made seaxes: from poor derivatives, to good reproductions that truly honor the old blades, and then raising it further to a whole new level. That's truly putting "standing on the shoulders of giants" into practice!

This one is absolutely amazing, there is something beautiful on every mm of this knife.

Work like this is why I got into bladesmithing, and it really inspires me to get back to the workshop.

Absolutely gorgeous. I agree with Joshua - total eye candy!

You and Petr really knocked it over the moon with that one.  Even the knot on the leather thong on the sheath is a work of art.

Doug

Thanks all, I am very lucky to be able to do these collaborations with Petr. and Alan...come along...or at least Ashokan this year?

Planning for Ashokan!  We shall see how travel goes in the next few weeks...

You two just keep surpassing yourselves. Great work. There is not a single thing that I don’t love about this one.

On 3/9/2020 at 10:23 PM, Alan Longmire said:

Dammit Owen, I keep trying to find excuses not to come over for your hammer-in, and you and Petr keep posting these masterworks that get my beard smoldering again...  Thank you for that, I have been in danger of losing sight of what brought us all together.  These last few collaborations you have posted remind me of why we started this whole divine craziness, and that I have withdrawn from it a bit over the last couple of years.  

That doesn't mean I'm going to turn up on your doorstep in May, but never say never!  :ph34r:

And I hope the first part of that verse is on the other side of the blade!

You should come, it will be great, and 'IF' we are lucky, and everything goes according to plan, they 'might' be unveiling something very special there, not hard to guess what if you have seen my post on the subject. Big IFs there on all fronts. ;) But it will be an excellent gathering regardless, some super visiting speakers. im very excited (and praying the damn virus doesn't stop it)

I'd love to, and I suspect I know what will be unveiled. That damned virus is causing problems, for sure.

Wow! Absolutely stunning. Every little detail is masterfully executed. And there is plenty of little details to stare at!

More and more, you and Petr remind me of Eitri and Brokkr.