Dang, Edged things

JenniferP

I was retired from smithing up till about 3 years and change ago..  I primarily forge now when I make a video for YT or get a question asked by a newb or during demo season or teaching which happens at event and such.. 

I was asked to gather up some of my work of which there was none from before that 3 years mark and change. So, all I have is new work other than the wakizashi which is a reject as the measurements are off.  

It was interesting to me that I have actually forged a good amount of bladed skulduggery and this does not include the blades that have been sold.  Nor any of the other items forged (hammers, thumblatches, hardies, forkes, spoons, etc, etc).. 

20200318_113559.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, clint c said:

Wow, quite a varied selection of edged goodness there!  I really like the hawk on the right side of the photo.  Clint

Clint, Thanks,  I was surprised when a pulled stuff out of it's hiding places.   That particular Hawk was forged for the Youtube Hawk video.. Shows the steps to finished.   I'ts a stock off the shelf handle. 

26 minutes ago, Brian Dougherty said:

Dang lot of work!

This reminds me I need to go watch more of your videos.  You have a lot to teach.

Brian, sure is.. makes me really wonder when I had time to forge them all  and get them that far along or finished (all by hand don't ya know).   If I wasn't so lazy I might actually finish the last 3 from the video series.  Lots of hand work.. 

I have a Kukri lined up in cue for a video..  I'm going to make a whopper with a forged fuller groove with termination.. I love big knives and the cool factor is off the charts but it's hard to carry them in public. LOL.. 

Kind of you to say on the teaching..  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 12:11 AM, Larry Okinaka said:

By chance are you selling any of this stuff?  I am interestedi in that wide wakizashi blade

Hi Larry,  sorry for the slow reply.. that is actually a reject blade because the spacing is off.  I won't sell blades that don't meet my quality standards.. Sorry.   

Now it just lives in the demo trailer for that "awesome question".. Do you make swords???  Well do yah.. 

4 hours ago, Larry Okinaka said:

No worries!  By chance are you selling any of the other stuff?

Yes, I do. shoot over a pm on what your interested in..