Sign in to follow this  
J.Arthur Loose

I'm Baaaack...

OK. So this forum was an amazing place, going back now... how many years? Certainly before social media, and Facebook in particular took a lot of people's attention away, because it really became the new marketing space. It was hard to spend so much time and social energy on multiple platforms and the forum lost a lot of my attention. I could deal with Facebook so long as I could use the add-on Social Fixer, which blocked political posts & keywords... LOL. But I had to upgrade my laptop and now it's not available for my browser for whatever reason. That makes Facebook and all the incessant, divisive, BS I see ratcheting up on both sides of the equation a strict no-go for my morning coffee and psychological well-being.

It is good to come home.

• Like 4

Welcome back, Jul.  B)

• Like 1

Thanks Alan! :)

Good to see you back.

• Thanks 1

Mr. Loose, you're a big inspiration of mine and a great source of knowledge! Im a big fan of your work. It will truly be great to have you back! 

Thanks guys. You are all going to make fine morning coffee company. :D

• Thanks 1

I think I speak for all of us when I say that what we absolutely need in this time of crisis, are more videos of Jul singing at his workbench. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LOLZ. I had to pull an all-nighter to finish this guy in time for a gift presentation. That was like, maybe 3AM. Loopier than usual. :D

I made this video that morning before driving off 3 hours to hand it off.

• Like 3

I'm glad to see you back.  A little song, or a Mrs. Frog story makes the world a better place.

• Haha 1

Hard to believe how long this forum has been going, glad to see you are back. I have always read and looked, but not making any steel objects lately so not posting about that, but still reading and digging around old threads. I rebuilt my old saddle last year, making some leather for dogs and headstalls for horses. 

• Like 1

I've developed a rather severe facebook-allergy, but it is my only "marketing platform", limited as that marketing might be.

Hope to get an alternative in place, close those accounts and get that app off my phone!

This is a place of learning, would add "a place of sharing" but that phrase has lost it's meaning elsewhere.

Amazing Seax Arthur!

• Like 1

Nice to see you back ! I saw a facebook post from you recently that raised loads on interesting stuff on globalisation, and regimes of different countries, and nearly commented, but did not want to break my own no politicking rule on FB! - hope its a bit more restful for you on here for a while :)  

• Like 1