jake pogrebinsky

A Devastating fire at John N's shop...:(

Posted (edited)

Dammit,John,i'm so sorry man....:(

Edited by jake pogrebinsky
add info
  • Sad 3

:(. D@mnit. @John N, are you okay?

(from what i hear there were NO one lost or injured.....(.. also that it has started elsewhere,industrial space next door...:(...)

all gone I think. Heading down there in a bit :(

• Sad 2

Holy crap! :o. Anything I can do? 

So sorry for your loss John.  Glad to hear everyone is ok.  "Stuff" can be replaced, mostly anyway.

Oh man, I'm so sorry!  Glad you are ok.

So sorry to hear this John, if I can help in any way let me know!

Terrible let me know if I can help with anything 

I hope all is well.....were the mini model power hammers in the shop?

Very sorry to hear this john. I'm glad you are ok though!

Tom

What a loss, John.  So sorry to hear of it.  Nothing I can do from here, but if I could, I'd be right there.  Hope to heck you had good insurance.............of course, even when you do, they make sure you come out "up-side down"! :angry:  Sending prayers your way that things turn out well and you can get back up and working soon.  Man, what a loss!!!!!

Sorry to hear about this, my thoughts and prayers are with you now.  I can offer to send you some stabilized maple blocks to help replenish your handle material if you'd like.

Good luck. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billyO said:

Sorry to hear about this, my thoughts and prayers are with you now.  I can offer to send you some stabilized maple blocks to help replenish your handle material if you'd like.

Good luck. 

I'm with BillyO on this...If any kind of fundraising event or anything will be in the works please keep me in the loop....

Thanks for the nice words everyone!

Looks like its pretty well 100% gone. Demolition crew are starting knocking down the remains of the building in the morning.

There is a tiny glimmer of hope that I might be able to salvage a couple of power hammers once the building is down, they look scorched, flooded and sad, but might live again.

My little knife finishing shop on the other side of the estate is OK, which gives me a bit of comfort.

• Like 5

Sorry to hear about the shop. Wishing you the best. I know we're complete strangers, but I'd be willing to do a knife raffle to raise funds, or something if you are in need of any money. Espescially in these times. I hope your insurance helps at least some. 

• Like 1

what fire does not take, water will. This is the best bit of the shop thats left. i could not access the rest as the building as is about to collapse. 

OOA9Rct.jpg

(all the day light in the back of the pic, used to be the roof of my main factory)

• Sad 3

Posted (edited)

That is a very sad picture to go with the very sad news John. Can only hope you are able to get up and going again, even in other premises, until a rebuild happens.

Edited by Garry Keown

John N there is rarely a machine that can't be fixed! Yes, wiring will be futzed up, a lot of cast iron parts are going to see rust and some hardened parts like the lathe rails, gears and bearings may have gone soft due to heat. But things can be re-wired, rust steel-brushed off and parts can be ordered. Don't give up on anything till you have to brother.

At the moment, this is too big to bounce back from.

There is a demolition company coming in tomorrow to knock the remains of my factory down. I hope to salvage a couple of my personal power hammers if possible form the rubble.

That makes my heart hurt, man. :(

• Like 1

Absolute bummer man prayers sent ...............:(

Makes me sick to even look at it, John.  Prayers are with you.

That just sucks.. Hope there is a chance of salvaging and repairing some of it. :(