Curly Maple and W2

Howdy again folks.

Following along the same knife pattern as my most recent post, I've gone to my comfort zone and tried to create something clean, sleek, and classy. I think I did alright!

Hope yall enjoy!

Internet 2.jpg

Internet.jpg

Edited by Austin_Lyles
  • Like 8

Really like it...........but have a question.  How is the pin on the butt end of the knife brass on one side and black on the other?  Looks like your hand would love that handle.  What are the dimensions of that knife?  Nice leather work.  That's something I have to force myself to get into.  Someone on the forum was kind enough to send me some leather working tools to "prompt" me off my arse to get started.  Just haven't ventured there yet. :D

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Chris Christenberry said:

Really like it...........but have a question.  How is the pin on the butt end of the knife brass on one side and black on the other?  Looks like your hand would love that handle.  What are the dimensions of that knife?  Nice leather work.  That's something I have to force myself to get into.  Someone on the forum was kind enough to send me some leather working tools to "prompt" me off my arse to get started.  Just haven't ventured there yet. :D

Thank you! A trick of the light. Same on both sides. My fault for not catching the reflection in editing! Ohh leatherwork...  I hate doing it. 

• Like 1

Hi Austin, the whole package is first class. Did you apply Aqua R. to the maple?

I have a couple of blocks I thought to use later in something.

Gary LT

Very nice Austin. I like the shape and overall layout. The serrations are very well done; perfectly even and the little half-round at the ends finish them nicely. Are they filed in or what do you use?

Thanks yall! 

Gary, the color popped with only some Tru Oil finish. About 5 light coats.

Charles, I appreciate it! They were! Just a basic triangle file. Roughed in, then fine tuned to match each other. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...