Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stephens

Viking-ish Long Sax-ish Multi bar blade

that is a great piece Dave. Good luck on getting back home. The colors and textures of the handle is awesome. I really like your work. 

14 hours ago, Rob Toneguzzo said:

That’s wonderful, really love what you did with the handle really does the blade justice. I especially like the copper fittings. 

This what I was going to say, but Rob beat me to it.  Good luck at the border!

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words. 

On 5/20/2020 at 9:19 AM, Bill Schmalhofer said:

Here I though I was going to be the first to comment, then Alex beats me to it  by two minutes :D.

WOW! Just WOW!

Dave, you are one of the people on this forum that inspire. You show what can be done with the right skill set (and tools!). Gives us who are just starting something to shoot for.

Stay safe on your trip. That's a long haul.

Thanks, Bill. 

Skill is good, so are tools, but patience conquers both. I really think this is the secret to our craft. Patience.

Cheers, and luck in the fight.

Dave

On 5/20/2020 at 2:25 PM, Jerrod Miller said:

If you end up traveling through Spokane on your way up to Alaska, I know a place or 2 you can use for a pit stop, including my place.  There is beer in the fridge, and you can leave that blade B).  

Seriously, nice work (as always).  

Thanks Jerrod. Man, I wish there was a road through the AK panhandle to Anchorage. Unfortunately, I cross the AK/Canada border in North Dakota (hopefully). 

On 5/20/2020 at 8:56 PM, justin carnecchia said:

Sweet! 
best luck with customs, maybe don’t bring that big knife? 

Lol. I've got it, plus a very long sword I made a few years ago in the rig. I've read about some pretty strict Canada gun laws, nothing so far on the sword laws. Fingers crossed. 

Thanks man.

14 hours ago, Dave Stephens said:

Man, I wish there was a road through the AK panhandle to Anchorage. Unfortunately, I cross the AK/Canada border in North Dakota (hopefully). 

I just looked it up on Google Maps.  It would only add about 10 hours to hit Spokane.  :o  Having never been to Alaska, I often forget exactly how far away it really is.  Too bad the ferry isn't cheaper, faster, and more available.   Safe travels!  

Hi guys. 

Day 5 on the road from FL to Alaska. 6 or 8 to go. . . 

Kennebec, South Dakota on my way through Montana. 

Hope you all are well. 

Dave

IMG_2993.jpg

Safe travels Dave. About that most recent creation. I absolutely love your style. You have a gift for making new knives that look like they were plucked out of time and transferred to the present day. Your work always evokes a mysterious and ancient time. 

On 5/21/2020 at 6:51 PM, Dave Stephens said:

Skill is good, so are tools, but patience conquers both. I really think this is the secret to our craft. Patience.

This.

I think you once said: "it's a Zen thing"

2 minutes ago, Joshua States said:

Safe travels Dave. About that most recent creation. I absolutely love your style. You have a gift for making new knives that look like they were plucked out of time and transferred to the present day. Your work always evokes a mysterious and ancient time. 

Thanks man. That's a great compliment. I've still got a lot to learn, like all of us.