Faye

Hammer in portfolio WIP

Sorry to hear about lack of access to the shop, but it's gotta feel good to have some employment these days. 

Stay safe.

On 5/18/2020 at 8:35 PM, Joshua States said:

For those of us with little memory, that "stuff" is what again?

https://www.travers.com/6-lb-can-keepbryte-anti-scale-cmpnd-kasenit/p/81-003-106/

It's probably not the best stuff out there, but it works.  Brownell's is supposed to be really good, and I want to try the stuff that Dan O'Connor is making these days, but I still have most of this can and I'm cheap.  

Good luck with the new job, Faye!   

Posted (edited)

What's that bit about not using it over 1650 degrees F?  Wouldn't that keep one from using it while forge welding billets?

Edited by Chris Christenberry

You don't use anti-scale for welding, only heat treating after everything is cleaned up.  If you get too hot with the anti-scale powder it will start eating the steel.  Leaves nasty pits.  Ask me how I found that out...:rolleyes:

Oh, okay.  Still lots to learn.

12 hours ago, billyO said:

Sorry to hear about lack of access to the shop, but it's gotta feel good to have some employment these days. 

Stay safe.

5 hours ago, Alan Longmire said:

Good luck with the new job, Faye!   

Thank you both. Its been really fun so far, and I got invited to the neighbors shop were they make some knives, so I might have access to a closer shop. We will see.

Progress on the seax. After a couple failed handles I glued one up. It just kills me that this is sitting back in my shop waiting to be finished. It's so close! Soon...

20200524_093256.jpg

• Like 1