Hammer in portfolio WIP

Not sure if it will work here Faye but hair-spray will remove permanent marker from UPVC window frames. Test on a small piece of bone first.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a couple glam shots. I'll be honest, it's grow on me a little and it makes me feel a lot better that you guys think the handle is alright. Thank you for all the help with this knife.

So I finally got back to my shop for the winter and picked this project back up. I put a new handle on the seax knife because I really hated the last one and couldn't bring myself to scrap the blade.

Who would have thought I would find a use for hot pink nail polish. I etched the spacer yesterday and used the ugliest color nail polish I could find to cover the front and back to keep them from

Posted Images

This looks great Faye. I recently got some black sharpie on an ivory handle. Acetone (in my case carburator cleaner) worked a little to fade the mark, but it is still slightly visible. I sprayed it on a tissue and rubbed it in to remove what I could.

I'll agree with the comments on how good that looks.  If you can't get all the sharpie out, can you convince yourself that it's just an early forced patina?  Probably not, though....

Perhaps you can take some consolation that you'll never do that again? 

Still a great looking package.  Have a great summer

• 2 weeks later...

Well I scrubbed as much of the black off that I could, it's not all gone but it's better. 

Between all the spring cow work I managed to get a sheath made for it and glam shots taken. It's all ready to go to blade show with me next week.

Thank you to all the people who have helped me work through this knife. I've learned a lot with this build and wouldn't have even tried it if not for the encouragement from my fellow knifemakers to go beyond my skill level. I have plenty to improve on with the next one, this is just a small step in the journey. 

20210528_185118.jpg

20210528_185104.jpg

20210528_185140.jpg

20210528_185315.jpg

20210528_185434.jpg

20210528_185506.jpg

20210528_185547.jpg

20210528_185021_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

A most impressive step Faye, and one you should be proud of. 

I am anxious to hold that one in my hand. 

• Thanks 1