Lambowie Bladesmith Marketplace Now Open

I have been working on a marketplace specifically for Bladesmiths and related suppliers of materials, tools, and equipment. I opened it up a few days ago and am inviting everybody here to have a look and see if you might be interested in using it.

The site is here: https://lambowie.com

If you want to sell click the "Become A Seller" on the home page and fill out the form. All vendors are verified, for those of you here that are a member in good standing for at least a few months I will take that as proof enough. Once I approve your registration you will be sent an email and you can start posting items for sale, there is no selling fees at this time. I will keep it free for as long as possible, especially during the current situation. At some point I will need to add a small fee to sales (3-4%) which is used to cover costs, my time and promotion and advertising to keep a good flow of fresh visitors.

Buyers can use credit card or PayPal to buy and if you are a seller you must have PayPal and enter your PayPal email in your vendor dashboard to receive payments from your sales. The marketplace is mostly search driven so if you sell make sure to enter relevant tags to your items to make them easier to find.

Tell The Story

People love to hear the story behind the people they are buying from, as well as the story of an individual piece such as a knife or sword. I am adding the ability for sellers to write and publish articles and guides t the blog. Document a blade being finished and link the article back to the blade in your store. Buyers enjoy this and it also helps to bring new people from the search engines which is good for everybody.

I am working on some new features such as the ability for buyers to chat will sellers directly on the site, listing stores by country and a few other things, let me know if there is something you would like to see added.

There are a couple of smiths already using the marketplace and posting us some beautiful work, a few f you here may even know them :) I hope you like it and will participate in using it!

Thank you to   @Alan Longmire for giving me the go ahead to post about it, appreciated!

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Kreg Whitehead said:

I just filled out your become a seller page....hit register....and am not sure if I got registered or not.

Just took me back to the same page with no prompt saying it was successful.

Hi Kreg,

I am in the process of rebuilding it so it might not be behaving properly. I will have a look and see what is up with it.

• Like 1