I am impressed with Alec's talent and entrepreneurship.

At 55, I wish I'd learned his skills at his age.

If I needed an anvil, I'd buy one of his.

I did buy a t-shirt from him:

shirt.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I do not know if anyone at all besides Alec has one yet.  The anvils for the initial pre-order as still being cast, and after that there is a lot of cleaning up to do.  I saw a picture of  anvil #2 (numbered and signed by Alec) last week.  They are doing a great job with the final polish, it is very pretty.  New orders are not likely to be processed until 2021.  I think that was the last I heard, but he could always place another order.  These are definitely top quality anvils.  Definitely no reason to worry about quality control or anything of that nature with them.  The only concern you should have about them is if they are the right shape and size for you (and if the price is in your budget, but that is a given).  

I watch his videos, and noted that on the last one that his assistant was cleaning up the flashing and polishing the faces and horns of the anvils. So I'm betting soon they'll be shipped out. His site does say that all pre-orders are closed and that they don't expect to get any more anvils in before 2021.

On 10/6/2020 at 4:01 PM, Jerrod Miller said:

I do not know if anyone at all besides Alec has one yet.  The anvils for the initial pre-order as still being cast, and after that there is a lot of cleaning up to do.  I saw a picture of  anvil #2 (numbered and signed by Alec) last week.  They are doing a great job with the final polish, it is very pretty.  New orders are not likely to be processed until 2021.  I think that was the last I heard, but he could always place another order.  These are definitely top quality anvils.  Definitely no reason to worry about quality control or anything of that nature with them.  The only concern you should have about them is if they are the right shape and size for you (and if the price is in your budget, but that is a given).  

Thank you for the reply. I saw on his website they will be making another order in early 2021. The size is perfect as well as the weight. It is a little pricey. I am eyeing an Emerson right now too. Just debating to wait or buy now. I think for me it is best to wait after the presidential elections. Depends on who gets in office that I might have to be concerned about saving my money.