I have not posted anything for a while but here is one I just finished, Pattern welded blade (sorry lost count of the layers), New Zealand Black Maire handle capped with coin bronze ferrule and guard, the pommel has a 1 cent coin inlaid (out of circulation) the fittings are made out of the same bronze.
Total length 25.5 cm Blade to guard 13 cm.

Richard

259a Hunter .JPG

259b Hunter .JPG

• Like 5

That knife is absolutely beautiful.  I really like the "warmth" of the bronze with the wood, Richard.  There's just something about steel (unless Damascus) guards that I've just never quite warmed up to.

good to see your work again. I came back after time away (like a salmon, returning to the place of my birth, only I won't lay eggs or die).

really good work with the bronze. I never learned to cast anything but ingots so I can recycle cutoffs. 

keep posting your work, it always makes me happy to see it. 

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Kevin Colwell said:

good to see your work again. I came back after time away (like a salmon, returning to the place of my birth, only I won't lay eggs or die).

really good work with the bronze. I never learned to cast anything but ingots so I can recycle cutoffs. 

keep posting your work, it always makes me happy to see it. 

Hi Kevin, 

A lot of cheaper stuff keeps me busy these days and I don't really like posting it, yes I melt the coins and poor them into a mold, than I can forge it to required thickness or until my jewellery rolling mill can take it so I can roll it to about 1.5 mm and manufacture the fittings. 

• Like 1