Sign in to follow this  
Doug Lester

Need some help locating an anvil

Does anyone remember the make of the block anvil with a hardy hole that came out not too long ago.  I think that it weighed in at about 70-80 lbs.  I thought that it was listed on USA Knifemaker Supply but I went to that site and it was not listed  If anyone remembers what it's called and who handles it I'd appreciate it.

Doug

Doug,

I don't mean to hijack this thread but if you're needing an anvil, I have a 125 lb Trenton that I would part with.

There was a thread on here a while back where someone designed a hornless anvil for bladesmithing.  I can't find that thread, but I believe they had a small run of them cast and made them available.  Anyone else remember that thread?

Seems they were in Arizona?  I'll see what I can find.

edit: found it!

Posted (edited)

I think you're looking for the atlas anvil. 67# I believe.  I think Geoff put in the link.

anvil-front-600x600.jpg

Edited by Brian Myers

7 hours ago, Gary Mulkey said:

Doug,

I don't mean to hijack this thread but if you're needing an anvil, I have a 125 lb Trenton that I would part with.

FWIW, I've seen this anvil.  It's a good one.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the replies guys.  When I woke up this morning it just sort of popped into my head what the name was.  The Atlas Knife & Tool anvil is the one that I had been looking for.  It's light enough that I can bolt it down to the stand and then use my hand cart to roll it back into the garage without too much trouble to keep it from growing legs like my last two anvils did.  I may have be mistaken about USA Knifemaker Supply having carried it.  The Black Robin model is interesting but it doesn't have a hardy hole, anyway they're out of stock at this time.

Doug

I just had a look at their site and realized that the 67 lb anvil is out of stock.  Bummer.:(

Edited by Doug Lester

I emailed Atlas last night and this mourning they emailed back that their target date for having more of the 67 lb knifemakers anvils in is June 20, just in case anyone's interested.

Doug