I just tried making my own hidden tang for the first time a little while ago to questionable results. Blade has been giving me too much trouble and I might need to start over. I plan on using a 2x4 cut to shape just to practice drilling holes and fitting up the handle before I ruin any nice scales. Gotta say yours looks much better than mine.

I notice your tang seems to kick slightly upwards near the end. I wonder if that causes any difficulty fitting the handle? I had the same question about my knife

22 minutes ago, Chadd S. said:

I just tried making my own hidden tang for the first time a little while ago to questionable results. Blade has been giving me too much trouble and I might need to start over. I plan on using a 2x4 cut to shape just to practice drilling holes and fitting up the handle before I ruin any nice scales. Gotta say yours looks much better than mine.

I notice your tang seems to kick slightly upwards near the end. I wonder if that causes any difficulty fitting the handle? I had the same question about my knife

Yeah I encountered many issues with this design. I didn't give myself much room either side of the tang. So I instead practiced scales and filled the rest in. 

IMG_20200503_122954.jpg