Hello from Phoenix Arizona

First time posting been lurking on and off for quite awhile. Recently a friend reminded me and I've found some good content in my searches here. A little about myself I have been making blades since 2013,when I was lucky enough to get in touch with Tim Hancock and began taking lessons from him and continued for the next six years. I didn't know anything about knives or Tim ,but soon realized how lucky I was it was like going to a museum seeing Tims' work. I started out just wanting to make kitchen knives but quickly appreciated many different styles of knives particularly Bowies and Hunters. So here I am now a Landscaper during the day and a slow knife maker in my spare time ,about 50 or 60 blades so far.  A couple blades finished in the last 2 weeks. A chef knife the blade is 8.25 by 1.84 mosaic damascus 1095 and 15n20 with a coffee finish and thuya,bronze and african blackwood handle. The Bowie blade is 10 3/8 to the guard by just over 1 1/2 at  the widest point and 1/4 inch thick made of a203e outer with a nickel shim and 52100 core, guard and fittings are rust blued mild steel,with silicon bronze accents and a rams horn handle. 

hrEoywOm.jpg TXbQ5Okm.jpgsdeZABWm.jpg

B8j6viGm.jpgTiHT432m.jpg8OGDhchm.jpgquKuOMim.jpg

Edited by Gilbert McCann
  • Like 2

Welcome aboard!  You're going to fit right in.  Do you know Joshua States?  He's a fellow Hancock alumnus and Phoenician, no doubt he'll show up soon.  Love that ram's horn. B)

• Like 1

Thanks for the nice welcome guys. Yes I know Joshua very nice guy, with some great knife making tips. First time I met Joshua several years ago he was giving a frame handle class for a local blacksmith group he made it look easy. 

Gilbert 

• Thanks 1

To state the obvious, those are spectacular knives, great work.  I can certainly see some Hancock influence in the bowie.  Very clean design and execution.  Clint