We had some hick up with Siteground today. Unfortunately, with work schedules, it took a while to fix the forum. It looks like everything is back to normal.

Thank you for your patience. 

• Like 2

Niels, once again you are the man!

Guys, this was a bizarre experience, but Niels fixed it once again. 

• Like 2

Thanks Niels.  You're awesome!

Thank you!!! I was having withdrawals!!!!

Thanks again, Niels. Once again, Niels to the rescue. 

Wonderful timing on this one. . . with me halfway between Florida and Alaska in a camper and spotty Internet. 

Sorry for the problem guys. 

• Like 1

Yay!  All is well with the universe again!  Thank You Niels!

Out of curiosity,  Who is technically the owner of this forum and it's content ?  I only ask because I see this forum as a great and valuable resource with a libraries worth of information contained within.   I just wonder if someone has a backup/archive of the forum to date (other than the service provider), and if that is something that could be made available for download.  Lol, it'd probably be like 50 gigs worth of data or more,  Just saying that would be something valuable that could be passed around via bittorrent  or some other method.   All in the interest of data preservation of course.     I find myself without internet on some occasions, so an offline archive would be nice to be able to search through.   I'm limited to my own "Save" folder of all the pretty knives and valuable info which is hard enough to search.   :

Just a thought.

And Thank You Again to all that make this forum possible.    :)

• Like 1

Bruno: The forum belongs to us all. Don Fogg created it, and he made it clear that he wanted it to continue in the spirit of joint ownership by the Bladesmithing community.

Legally, I guess, I own it, because Don had to give over financial responsibility to someone. I don't feel that way, however. 

I've had several offers to purchase it from investors, given our very large traffic, and offers to advertise on it to make revenue, but I've turned them all down because that's not what this place is about. 

In the event of my death my estate will continue to pay for the forum until it's formally transferred to another admin who has generously offered to take over if I get an anvil dropped on my head (not as unlikely as it seems in our profession, right?) 

In terms of a digital archive: That would be tough, I think, since the content is in a database that is formatted for this particular forum software. Niels would know more about this than me, but it does occur to me that the Wayback machine at Archive.org auto archives a lot of the interent. Perhaps it backs up our forum? 

At any rate, we're going to keep this thing going for a long, long time. Don't worry. We'll be here.

Dave

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, thank you for getting er back up!!

This would explain why every time I tried to log on the other day, I kept getting a message about your account has been terminated!!Terminator.jpg

Thanks for getting the forum back up. I never doubted you and also I had no way to contact anyone and let them no!!

Imagine how I felt when I tried to log in and got the "This account has been suspended" message... :blink::lol: