Re heat treating a thin blade

I recently started playing with forging kitchen knives and the one im working on right now is giving me some trouble so I wanted to consult you guys before I do anything else with this blade. Its 1084 with a 5.5in blade distal tappered from 5/32-3/32 near the tip and the tang is tappered to 1/16 at the butt. I heat treated this one right after forging and profiling and ground the bevels after heat treat. It has a full flat grind to the spine. All went well until I went to a 220 belt to remove rough grinding scratches and accidentally overheated the very thin edge in a couple places. My original thought was to make the blade narrower to remove the discolored portions which extend into the blade about 1/8in. But after thinking about it and given the fact that I want to offer this knife for sale upon completion im wondering if the best option would be to re harden and temper again before I finish the blade ? If that is the case are there any tips for success in hardening such a thin blade without excessive decarb and or warping? Current edge thickness is about 0.015in what would you guys advise? Carefully grind out the overheated steel and carry on or re heat treat? 

The safest option (if you can keep the blade cool enough and have the width to do so) is to make a narrower blade. The edge is getting pretty thin and though you may be okay you may also get a crinkle cut edge when you quench. If you do want to reHT, have some heavy pieces of metal half clamped in your vice so you can clamp the edge straight from the quench. YMMV.

Sometimes it will work to re-heat treat a thin edge and sometimes it won't.  If you think that it's a non-starter to grind the edge of the blade back, cooling frequently in a pan of water, then risking warping by re-heat treating the blade might be a last ditch effort to save the blade.

Doug