Oxygen, Propane mix

Hi everyone been a minute since my last inquiry on forge/burners popping that problem is solved, new issue that i can't find an answer to, I may be and probably am over looking it, i just cannot seem to locate the answer. Thanks in advance for any help! How do I tell if I've got to much oxygen or to much propane? 

Edited by Charlie Jack
Misspelling

It's all in the flame action and color really. With a reducing or oxygen lean atmosphere, there is an excess of fuel in the forge and you get what's called dragon's breath or orange flames roaring out the forge. A neutral atmosphere is basically having enough fuel and oxygen to burn near perfectly clean with a strong blue flame, and an oxidizing or oxygen rich atmosphere is having too much air compared to fuel. The flames tend to stop roaring and instead look like big flames licking around. Most smiths try for a reducing atmosphere because it helps stop any oxidizing of the steel which reduces scale. Check out this picture for a thumbnail idea of what to look for.

post-20173-1220480622.jpg

Edited by Brian Myers
18 hours ago, Brian Myers said:

It's all in the flame action and color really. With a reducing or oxygen lean atmosphere, there is an excess of fuel in the forge and you get what's called dragon's breath or orange flames roaring out the forge. A neutral atmosphere is basically having enough fuel and oxygen to burn near perfectly clean with a strong blue flame, and an oxidizing or oxygen rich atmosphere is having too much air compared to fuel. The flames tend to stop roaring and instead look like big flames licking around. Most smiths try for a reducing atmosphere because it helps stop any oxidizing of the steel which reduces scale. Check out this picture for a thumbnail idea of what to look for.

post-20173-1220480622.jpg

Thanks for the pic/ info that helps a ton. I am running a little on the lean side, Thank you Sir