Propane dripping in forge?

Recently over the past month or two I’ve noticed that after sometime forging I start getting a liquid (I assume is liquid propane?) dripping in the floor of my forge.  It makes the fire bricks on the floor real tacky and sometimes leaves a crusty residue on the surface of my work piece. Can anyone tell me what it is, what causes it and how to stop it? 

Does this seem to happen only when you're really drawing down the tank?  It's not liquid propane, that evaporates very quickly indeed.  I suspect it's the carrier liquid for the methyl mercaptan (aka skunk stink) they put in propane so you can smell a leak.  If you're really drawing a lot of gas from a small tank, sometimes you can draw that stuff up as well.  It's some kind of hydrocarbon sludge that burns off if the forge is lit, but once the forge cools enough it will condense on the inside of the lines and such.  If that's what it is, the solution is bigger tanks, or two small tanks ganged together, and/or maybe a more efficient burner so you're not pulling as much gas.

It used to happen at the beginning when I ran it for several hours. But this last knife that I spent maybe an hour heat treating started doing it. I’ve got 100# tank and usually run the forge between 10-12 psi. 

It's pretty impossible for it to be liquid propane. LP gas is only a liquid under pressure, and as soon as it hits the atmosphere it vaporizes.  Firstly check to see how full your tank may be, I would suspect like Alan that it's the liquid chem as there is so much in every tank.  Your propane yard will be able to tell you the empty weight of the tank.  To be even more secure, take the tank to a trusted bottled gas supplier, and ask about having the tank inspected. When using bottled or pressurize flammable gas, I would say take no chances.

10-12 psi is not a terrible high pressure. However I usually run mine at 5, and will push it up to 10 periodically to get a heat a little faster. I'm taking a guess that your running a venturie burner?