Alveprins

"The Knuckle" - hunting knife

Hi everyone,

Though't I'd throw this one out there... Finished it during my "summer vacation" - effectively canceled thanks to Mr. Covid-19....

Long story short though. I've got a colleague of sorts who has helped me quite a bit throughout my career, and as he is leaving due to retirement, I thought he'd need something for his future free time in the wild.

I give you "The Knuckle" - which incidentally is his nickname through many years in the industry.

Blade is in a san-mai lamination with tool-steel for the core, and the folded steel is a mixture of tool-steel and jet-engine super-alloy which I've yet to identify.

Handle is in buckeye burl, with copper bolster, brass and vulcanized fiber spacers.

I decided to leave the blade a bit "raw" as it were, as this colleague of mine is both rough and sharp. I thought it fitting that the blade reflects his personality.

Only thing that I am not satisfied with is the placement of the plaque on the sheath. It feels... I don't know... "out of place" to me... But.. lesson for the future I guess.

A current knife I'm working on has a similar plaque in the middle of the sheath, although in that case I've made the sheath symmetrical even though the knife itself is single edged...

Oh, and I decided to put my "logo" on the butt of the knife in this case. I doubt my etching would have penetrated the scales left on the body of the blade.

The logo is basically my initials engraved into the wood and filled in with a copper-epoxy mixture. I am pretty happy with it.

Anyhow, that's all for now. :)

Knoken-1.jpg

Knoken-6.jpg

Knoken-4.jpg

Knoken-5.jpg

Knoken-3.jpg

Chiao!

Knoken-2.jpg

• Like 8

Beautiful knife.  Bet your friend is going to be pleased.  I like your style.  In fact, I've got several pictures I've collected of your knives over the past year in my files for future reference.

• Thanks 1

Super nice! Very slick workmanship and nice skills.  Clint

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chris Christenberry said:

Beautiful knife.  Bet your friend is going to be pleased.  I like your style.  In fact, I've got several pictures I've collected of your knives over the past year in my files for future reference.

Thank you Chris, that is very flattering to hear. :)

• Like 1