Presentation piece

Hi All

This knife was made for a presentation unfortunately due to Covid it was postponed to a later date. It had to have a New Zealand flavour

The handle is made from New Zealand Native Pohutukawa and fittings are made from sterling silver and coin bronze, (NZ one and two cents coins) The pommel is set with a New Zealand Greenstone

The total length of the knife is, 27.5 cm. the blade measures 14 cm.

261 a Presentation.JPG

261 b Presentation.JPG

261 e Presentation.JPG

261 g Presentation.JPG

• Like 9

That is one VERY beautiful blade.... 

But I have to ask, NZ has a 2 cent coin?  Can you post a pic because I want to see this. hell ill send you money so you can ship me one, my kids would love a couple of them, as they are always " giving their two cents " on matters so if you send me like 5 bucks USD in them, I can hand them to them and they can hand them back when they want to pipe up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Robert D. said:

That is one VERY beautiful blade.... 

But I have to ask, NZ has a 2 cent coin?  Can you post a pic because I want to see this. hell ill send you money so you can ship me one, my kids would love a couple of them, as they are always " giving their two cents " on matters so if you send me like 5 bucks USD in them, I can hand them to them and they can hand them back when they want to pipe up. 

Hi Robert,  they were taken out of circulation some years ago, they were too expensive to produce and somehow I collected a heap of them, now our smallest currency is a miserable copper plated steel 10 cents piece. I am quite happy to send you a few but I would not have enough to send you $5 worth.

Another epic demonstration of work that inspires and astounds (and frankly intimidates) many of us with its complexity and level of finish.

• Like 1

I wish that the US would follow New Zealand's example and get rid of the one cent piece.  It cost considerably more than one cent to produce one but the zinc industry keeps standing in the way every time it's proposed.   Yes, US one cent pieces are copper plated zinc coins.  The nickel, or five cent piece, also costs more than five cents to produce due to the cost of nickel these days.

Doug