First one I get to keep

As the title says, first knife I have really been able to make for myself. Before I just took too many requests for friends and family and never had the time to make myself one. Recently finished a full kitchen set for my parents and had some extra damascus and a spare piece of mokume, so I decided to make myself a cooking knife as I do a lot of it but I have never had a good kitchen knife to work with. It's not the fanciest one I've done, but the octagonal handle is very comfortable in my hand and the blade is very thin towards the edge making it cut better than any kitchen knife I've gotten to use before, so I am really happy I made the time to make it. Blade is 1095/15n20 damascus run through 4 hardening cycles. Handle is amboyna burl.

IMG_4380.jpgIMG_4382.jpgIMG_4383.jpgIMG_7031.jpgIMG_7032.jpgIMG_7033.jpgIMG_5766.jpgIMG_6487.jpgIMG_6507.jpg

• Like 6
On 8/18/2020 at 12:33 AM, Doug Lester said:

If that's not the fanciest one that you've done I'd love to see the fancy ones.  Outstanding work.

Doug

Thanks very much! and compared to this one I did a few years back, nothing has really been fancy.