A few years back I bought an airgraver with the insurance payout after a car crash, but shortly afterwards I moved house and didn't have a suitable place to set it up, so it sat in the box ever since. Long story short I'm now setting up a clean shop where I can use it, but I have no idea what kind of adaptor i need to attach it to a uk compressor. I know what I'm looking for - a 1/4" bsp nipple which fits the compressor, with either a 1/8th barb to fit directly into the hose, or a female connector that will fit the 1/8th nts male threaded part that is attached to the hose, but I have no idea what such a thing would actually be called... any ideas?

2 hours ago, jake cleland said:

A few years back I bought an airgraver with the insurance payout after a car crash, but shortly afterwards I moved house and didn't have a suitable place to set it up, so it sat in the box ever since. Long story short I'm now setting up a clean shop where I can use it, but I have no idea what kind of adaptor i need to attach it to a uk compressor. I know what I'm looking for - a 1/4" bsp nipple which fits the compressor, with either a 1/8th barb to fit directly into the hose, or a female connector that will fit the 1/8th nts male threaded part that is attached to the hose, but I have no idea what such a thing would actually be called... any ideas?

Which airgraver do you have?

23 minutes ago, AJ Chalifoux said:

Do you mean something like this?

https://www.mcmaster.com/4406T29/

If not, you can look up "air hose fittings" on McMaster, MSC, Grainger, etc.

Nope, not like that. Think I've figured it out. 1/4" PCL to female 1/4" BSP from the compressor and 1/8th" hose tail to male 1/4" BSP from the hose. I'm sure there should be a way to do it with a single fitting...

1 minute ago, DanM said:

Which airgraver do you have?

Lindsay palm control.

1 hour ago, jake cleland said:

Nope, not like that. Think I've figured it out. 1/4" PCL to female 1/4" BSP from the compressor and 1/8th" hose tail to male 1/4" BSP from the hose. I'm sure there should be a way to do it with a single fitting...

Lindsay palm control.

You could join the forum and ask,many helpful people with the Lindsay.  https://www.engravingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12