Cut an extra hole in my forge...

Finally I got around to cutting an extra hole in my gas forge, and creating somewhat of a hinged door on the back side of it.

I must say - it is quite something being finally able to forge longer blades! :D

Forge Mod 01.jpg

Forge Mod 02.jpg

I suppose the next step for me now, will be to create one of those electric heat treating ovens, since I cant fit anything longer than 57 cm in my kitchen one... :P

Sincerely, Alveprins.

1 hour ago, Alveprins said:

I suppose the next step for me now...

Might I suggest moving the forge out of the corner a little for a bit more clearance????:huh:

But seriously, looking forward to the inaugural sword.

13 hours ago, billyO said:

Might I suggest moving the forge out of the corner a little for a bit more clearance????:huh:

But seriously, looking forward to the inaugural sword.

Nah, but I am planning on cutting a hole in the wall too though... Insulating it with furnace bricks. I need to be able to move long blades through the forge, and a bit into the wall. :P

My forge room is very small, and I actually don't have space to move the furnace anywhere but where it is right now. so... ;)

• Like 1

hope it is ventilated well! The forge looks ready for some longer work. Eager to see what you turn out with it.

9 hours ago, Alveprins said:

Nah, but I am planning on cutting a hole in the wall too though... Insulating it with furnace bricks. I need to be able to move long blades through the forge, and a bit into the wall. :P

Now there's a creative solution.  Nice!  I like it when folks think outside fo the box.  

And if you're lucky, the hole will go right through a heating air duct so that you will be able to cut down on your home heating bills in the winter.  

• Haha 1