Okay, I finally finished my first sheath!!!!!

Alrighty then, here ya go.

I still need to put Black Edge Kote or something similar on the edges.  Think it will look a lot better with the Black handled Buck.

Am I happy with my sheath?  Hard to say.  I'm a gal-darned perfectionist, so from that standpoint I'm totally disappointed.   However,  I'll seldom carry this  knife and no-one but "me-I-my-picky-self" will ever see it, so in this case it'll do.  I learned a ton making this sheath.  First off I learned I'll never learn!  By that I mean I always have to start with a project far beyond my experience.  Most of the time I can get away with it..........but this time I didn't.  Second, I think it will be a long, long time before I tackle another stacked sheath.  (WHEW!) :17:

It was a fun project and I thank all of you who contributed input to help me through the process.  I'll do my best to absorb all that was shared and apply it toward the next one.

First Sheath-1.jpgFirst Sheat-2.jpg

Edited by Chris Christenberry
  • Like 3

Well other than you used my initial's!!! shocked.jpg

All funnies aside that is a great first knife sheath! You tackled many things on your first that most won't try down the road! The important thing about making a mistake, is learning from it!

Also it is only an oh oh,  ""if you can't make it look like an intentional"! Again great first sheath!! Hat tip.jpg

• Thanks 1

I think that is an excellent sheath for a first Chris. You are too hard on yourself. Onwards and upwards.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Charles dP said:

I think that is an excellent sheath for a first Chris. You are too hard on yourself. Onwards and upwards.

This. :)

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Charles dP said:

Exactly. Most for their first sheath do a simple pouch sheath but you have gone a whole bunch of steps above that with this one. Your retention strap intrigues me with its uniqeness.

Thanks, Garry.  I was rather proud of myself with the strap idea.  Never been a big fan of retention straps in general.  Thought this looked more "organic".  I plan on hanging some kind of tassel from the end.............maybe horsehair.